Killer Instinct Weekly Forum Battles

It’s the end of a very small era for me. It breaks my heart to see this thread go. It’s for the best though. To be honest, not having to worry about Forum Battles is a huge load off. I uploaded two Youtube videos today! TWO! I feel like I can breathe again! For whenever my internet does decide to go (God knows when that’ll be…) I wish you guys all the best.

I’m gonna focus on other things in my life. Youtube is something I’ve neglected for too long…

@MrxFlutterShy I think I’ll be there but I’m not sure. I’m going to see the Jungle book (like @KevBones10) at 10:30.

Put me down on the list, but I might be late.

Edit: @RGLOfficial I hope things get better for you! You have my thoughts, luck, and hopes!

1 Like

What Is this all about?

A community event for playing KI together.

We are in a bit of a transition right now, but if you would like to join us, we are streaming today at 2pm Eastern.

I’m not Very good. I only Just got an Xbox One Today. I have been wanting to play Killer Instinct for a long time though.

1 Like

Have you seen this?

Want some help?

No I haven’t but I’m sure I will work it out.

Well, you are right to worry about that.

But we have a few ideas on how to fix it.

The stream today will be our last stream before we make some changes, so you can just come in, and talk, and hangout, and fight whoever you want.

But next week we will have some simple systems in place where we can have MANY people of different skill ranks playing at the same time while not having any bad matches.

Also, you should know, that the biggest part of “forum battles” is NOT the stream. The stream is just a way to reach out to others, and archive fights for people who want to study. The real event happens by joining a HUGE party with other players, and talking while playing some exhibition. Friend making, learning, and community are the important parts of the event. The stream is just an optional fun time.

1 Like

Since it is a “chill” day, we might be able to have a live training session with you if you would like to get better!

Basically, Forum Battles is on a downhill slope, and we are about to “reset” everything. We will create a much more stable environment to play in.

So if we dont have many players today, dont be discouraged. Stick with us for a week or 2 and you willl get an idea of how this “service” will work.

2 Likes

Dont worry! Its not god like players…there are some really great ones…but we all try to keep it fair and balanced and try to keep ppl having fun and definitely dont try to run anyone off. Come join in and you will learn…I promise!

So that just gave me an idea for a spinoff of Forum Battles…
Each week, 2 users picked randomly looking for help in matchups. We get them together with 3/4/5 (depending on availability) different matchups, teach them during those matches and finally pit them against one another in a friendly battle to see who learned more.
Obviously the idea may need tweaking (for example, instead of the two trainees against one another, we do a team battle. Each trainee and their coaches versus the other), but its something to go on.

If you have the great fortune or misfortune (depends on your outlook) to fight me, I won’t go easy on you (I pull no punches), but know that if you do fight me, I’ll be giving you advice on what you could be doing to improve the entire time and even afterwards. For example, if I notice you jumping a lot, I may use anti-airs to keep you from doing so, and tell you to try dashing instead of jumping, because it’s often safer to do so. Of course, if you ask me for a straight up lesson on how to play the game (rather than fight, it’s more like a 1on1 online training session), I’m okay with that too - as a teacher, it’s kind of what I do for a living. So, it’s basically up to you - do you prefer to be coached or taught? I’m game for both, and if you have any questions, I’m an open book - even if I don’t have the answers, I know enough to at least point you in the right direction. :wink:

I sincerely hope you enjoy the event, in all its forms, and stick around for a good, long time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Galactic we should play sometime.

#Live in 30!

1 Like

Ok. I need to relax a bit so hopefully Forum battles got that covered.

#I’m back and ready to rumble!

1 Like

2:00 EST. That’s when it starts!

Waiting for a video to render. May watch a bit of the stream today.

#3 Minutes. Get Yo Booties In Here!

Twitch:
MrTheFlutterShy