Killer Instinct vs. Darkstalkers

That’s what I meant. Tonight’s top 8 at scr should be good.

I’d enjoy this over ki vs mk.

2 Likes

I think a Killer Instinct vs Mortal Kombat is far more likely and makes more sense overall.

1 Like

System-wise, both VSav and KI are polar opposites… In Vampire Savior, the game is more about mixups that lead into situational setups. KI is more about the mixup during the actual combo hence the combo breaker. VSav isn’t really combo heavy, with the exception of a few characters (Demitri, Fish, Bishamon, & Lilith to name a few).

VSav:

• Pushblock (Tech Hit), and the multiple techniques to do said push block
  • Magic Series (both aerial and grounded) & Links
  • Ground to air unblockables
  • Character specific unblockables
  • ES & EX Specials (or EX and Supers)
  • Special attack finishes w/ no extra inputs needed (i.e. - Bishamon slices opponent in half)
  • Dark Forces (which KI borrows the Instinct system from) - Note: DF can be both activated and deactivated
  • Infinite amount of meter to be gained (up to 99 actually)

KI:

• Combo Traits | Character specific traits
  • Combo Breakers
  • Auto Doubles | Linkers | Manuals | Enders
  • Ultra Combos
  • Counter Breakers
  • Shadow Moves
  • Instinct
  • Only 2 bars of Shadow Meter can be gained (except for Omen, who can get 3)

As much as VSav and KI have in common, they have quite a bit that separate them quite drastically. In order for something like this to work, there would have to be some sort of “middle ground” achieved. Both camps would have to feel comfortable playing and exploring this game without feeling like they’re game is being “nerfed” or “ostracized”. Let’s look at how many SNK fans actually played CvS1 or CvS2. They didn’t really play SvC Chaos much because it didn’t follow the standard KoF ruleset- instead it followed a strange hybrid of SF/KoF with every character playing really broken.

Ultimately, for the KI fans, what system would you mind losing from KI and gaining from VSav? VSav fans, what system would you mind losing from VSav and gaining from KI? What would both camps like to see that isn’t in either game???

I personally don’t see a 2v2 or 3v3 working, given how both systems work. Some things would have to be either nerfed or removed entirely in order for this style of play to work.

Also, not every game has to be a tag vs game. We already have MvCI(ugh), UMvC3, DOA5LR, DBFZ(can’t wait!), TTT2, BBxTB, technically any Smash, Pokken, the list goes on… Why not bring something unique to the table. Not to delineate the idea. Hell, I dreamt of a Looney Tunes 3v3 game some time ago. I even tweeted some of what I remember. Would it be a great concept? Maybe. Would I like to see it one day? Not so sure. There are too many fighters out as it is…

1 Like