Killer Instinct Season 3 Ultra Edtion Details & Pricing

Is season 3 bringing higher character levels pass 50?

yea I know that but just wanted to point it out if no one else did

Stages are free, you can play them when the respective character is on rotation and you can play them whenever you play against the respective character in Story mode, Survival mode or online (if you’re player two).

Same with music and modes, you get that just by downloading the game.

Combo breaker pack is just to be able to select any character whenever you want and Utra is just for Combo Breaker pack plus extra stuff.

So if we compare only what the ultra editions give you that the basic download and combo breaker don’t:

S1 & S2: One classic game, retro costumes, one set of premium accessories.

S3: Bonus colors, permanent double XP boost, 18k Gold, retro costumes, one set of premium accessories.

Honestly the only way to know which season gave more is giving weight to each item, which is subjective.

1 Like

Pc port? Hahaha… So?
I Have to pay more for that?

Less for the same price. Period.

This is what every videogames company do nowdays.

They do whatever they want, as a fan, you have no choice.

Thats fine, i’ll get the cheapest pack.

2 Likes

I’m really excited to see these bonus character colors :smile:

well done, taking the one point that suits your perspective and spinning it to favor yourself.

2 Likes

Of course you have a choice. You listed one of them right below - buy the cheaper pack. Heck, only buy the one or two characters you actually like. Further still, you could always exercise that fundamental consumers’ right to walk away if you feel the developers are truly trying to take advantage of you.

This Ultra pack is fundamentally better for me than any of the others have been. I devoted less than 20 minutes combined to KI and KI2. I got basically no value whatsoever out of my ultra pack purchases besides character retros. That’s fine if you disagree and played the heck out of them, or if you think costumes and accessories are pointless. If the costumes hold no value, then by all means purchase the Combo Breaker packs.

I will absolutely wait to know more of what I’m getting in terms of colors and additional content that I can get with that KI Gold before I preorder an Ultra pack. And if none of the things listed grab you then that’s perfectly fine. But it is fundamentally untrue that what they’re offering here is “nothing” or “less content”. It’s certainly different content, but for myself and many others who never much cared for replaying the original KI’s, definitely not less.

4 Likes

Says release date is the 20th are we getting early access

i beliee that was stated to be a typo

It is a typo. Release date is 29th for all as said on twitter.

Oh yeah I keep forgetting we get the PC port crossplay on top of it. Plus whatever content over the course of the Season. 40 dollars is not hefty for this package. The trade off instead of a classic game is more content.

1 Like

Nah, Just go in and buy it anyways. That’s what I did. Now I get a bonus literally right now, with VIP XP! Woo! Still more to come!

How long is vip xp because im playing sfv and division till seas 3 drops damn thought they were going to say pre order get access at final round

If I understand correctly I think it’s forever.

I am posting in this thread and my only emotion is joy that I finally get to pre-order season 3.

Take that, cynics!

This is actually pretty big for me. I haven’t played much of the classic ones at all - didn’t really get my money’s worth of use out of them at least.

But I HAVE got far more than $80 use out of the number of hours spent playing Season 1 and 2 (I own both Ultras), using the costumes, and even the $20 I kicked into the Shadow Jago Community fund. I am much more interested in content for KI '13, and I’m eagerly awaiting the blog post after the comments @rukizzel made further up the thread. This was a guaranteed purchase for me no matter what, so in my opinion, it sounds to me as though there will be much more than $40 worth of content coming with this Season 3 Ultra preorder, and I’m happy to have already bought in.

2 Likes

It’s already a decent amount of content to begin with, then add the continued content over the course of the season, and people are overlooking the PC port & cross play value… If I have SFV on ps4, I still Have to buy it on PC don’t I? so why are we acting like the PC version should be entitled or given?

Oh that’s cool.

Oh good deal that its been mentioned. Can you please check on this and go to bat for us @rukizzel??

I agree that if VIP XP has the XP arrows on the box permanently…it would be annoying.

thanks for letting us know the details

1 Like

Yeah can’t imagine if you buy ultra you have those double xp arrows permanently. That would be super annoying.