Killer Instinct Season 3 Ultra Edtion Details & Pricing

I’ll actually agree with this sentiment. It’s really weird to me how it’s almost like the game’s pricing is a secret. That’s just a really strange way to market your game. :open_mouth:

But to everyone complaining about “having” to buy the Ultra when you don’t feel the value is there…stop it. You emphatically do not have to buy a product that you feel is not living up to its value proposition. For myself, this is the most value I’ve ever gotten out of an Ultra pack (I’ve spent all of 15 minutes in KI and KI2 combined), but if I felt like S3 Ultra Edition was not worth $40, I’d hold my horses and just purchase the normal $20 Combo Breaker pack whenever it becomes available. No one is making you buy anything, so stop acting like they are.

Wait, sorry, you’re looking for the colors, yes? I mentioned in another thread that they aren’t looking like they will happen today.

My only frustration is that the value wasn’t there because there is less content, which is still true, but I want the costumes, and it would cost more to buy those seperately then it would to just buy ultra. So I went for it. Hopefully Iron Galaxy delivers some kickass extras that make me not regret the choice to support them this time.

Where is this news about Shadow ender toggle and other details? I cant find it form you and I dont trust o hear it from anyone but you or Ish

Well i will get it anyway, maybe tomorrow, but it really sucks that there is no discount for S1 & 2 Ultra owners.

And why should i count the cross buy feature on the content side? I dont think i will ever use it.

Beside of that i really want to see what you guys have in store, besides if too many guest Characters, i whould rather have more new ones because IG did great ones!

Here ya go!

1 Like

I suppose. I just truly do not get the idea that you would buy something when there are next to no details available about it if you’re uncomfortable with the content you’re receiving.

I’m actually super supportive of the route they’ve gone with the S3 Ultra - I’ll get bonus costumes, and “extra” KI gold to subsidize any further costume or stage or whatever packs that might get released down the road. But even still, I will not pre-order the new Ultra pack until I know more about what is going to be offered. I’ll wait until rukizzel gets his Comcast figured out or whatever and I get to see these new colors and whatever hints they have of future content down the line. I’ve still got a week to pre-order…there’s no rush at all.

I just don’t get why you would rush to buy something you obviously have reservations about, and then complain about it here. Not trying to be condescending or anything, but that just genuinely boggles my mind. You’re not wrong that they haven’t really told us much of anything about what’s coming, so it seems to me it would just be better to be patient for a day or two and really see if the value that you hope is there actually is or not. :confused:

As far as I know, preordering right this very minute and preordering on March 28th are exactly the same thing, right? You’ll get the preorder bonus either way and you won’t get to play it sooner than the 29th no matter which option you pick?

I agree with the sentiments that MS is being surprisingly slow at telling us all the details about the game, but that just means I’ll wait until the 28th (with no penalty to me) to buy. Unless I missed something?

(That works because I’m a hardcore fan and I’m on top of all the news, though. It doesn’t work if you’re trying to sell to people who don’t follow KI news every day…)

5 Likes

The other thread got closed because you can’t stop spouting this “less value” FUD.

Let’s break it down:

We are exchanging five pieces of art to play in front of (stages) for AT LEAST one more mode that will likely be deep, interesting, and complex. Wait until launch to decide if having five pieces of art to play in front of is “worth more” than new mode(s).

All else being equal, here are the REAL differences between all three ultra packs:

• S1 and S2 ultra came with classic arcade games. Judging by other classic arcade games of that era ported to Xbox, their value is between $10 and $15 each. The actual value of these are SUBJECTIVE. I, for one, never played them and never would have bough them individually.

• S3 comes with $40 worth of in-game currency. We don’t know what we can do with that currency yet. But the fact is, it’s worth $40. Indisputable.

• S3 comes with eternal double XP. Some might not care about this. As a busy father this is far more valuable to me than classic arcades of S1 and S2.

• S3 Comes with more colors

Conclusion: Even if you TRIED to make the case that KI and KI2 arcade games are worth $20 each, the KI Gold is still worth twice as much - plus we are still getting the 2x VIP XP and more colors on top of that. I think it’s pretty indisputable that S3 Ultra edition has more real, hard, provable, economic value. Subjective value is another story.

Now please, if you personally PREFER the previous ultra editions and what they came with. Fine. But stop saying that we are getting LESS VALUE. It’s provably untrue.

13 Likes

I just want to get one thing cleared out given certain personal conditions at the time being, but if we buy the Ultra edtion of S3 will we still get the VIP boosters regardles of if we pre-order or buy it post launch?

That’s a good question. Someone said the XP bonus was a preorder bonus. I don’t know if that’s been clarified yet. I also think it was said that the 18,000 Gold goes down after launch.

I mean my internet isn’t what held anything up. I was just commenting that I bet I’d get what I needed from the work side when my webs were being operated on. They will get posted when it is time!

The latter part of your statement is what I think most need to cling to. Think it over. Preorder isn’t going anywhere tonight!

This is true.

I don’t dispute the value of season 3 ultra, its cheaper to buy then buying combo and the costumes, but its less content. That being said, I did preorder, because I want the costumes. :slight_smile:

But it’s way more fun to blame all our problems on you rukizzel… :smile:

And Comcast. Especially Comcast :unamused:

I think we should all blame comcast. They are awful.

Heh. I constantly hear horror stories about comcast. However, after 9 years as a customer, I have never had a bad experience with them. I must be a unicorn… wait…

That’s why I am here! Not even joking. The CM role is the front line of defense for both the dev team and the community.

Same here. The issues I had today weren’t even their fault come to find out!

Little offtopic

@rukizzel will KI Classics work on PC? If not will we get new ultra Editions for PC?

I can’t pc getting new ultra editions for obvious reasons, I fear if I state those reasons, I will get flagged, even though it wouldn’t be trolling.

They should I think. If windows10 is basically the same as XB1 version than we should have a reason to expect this.

So…does this mean that you’re gonna end up like Gabe of Valve?..I don’t think we should condemn you to such a fate.