Killer Instinct Pro League's 1st tournament on 4/17/16

Yeah you mean he’s gonna get a 1-hit KO. He plays Tusk so…

But really, you’re gonna lose health fast if you’re not careful.

You and I could end up going head to head, should be fun to see some more high level Omen play.

thanks for the warning. I’ll do my best. Good luck.

Great; 5 minutes before starting my 1st opponent tells me he’s going to be 10 min. late… WHY!?

We have to do this between 2 and 2:20, but we won’t start until 2:10, giving us only 10 minutes to fight AND report the results. I’m worried if we don’t do that in time, we’re both out. My opponent seems to think that as long as we start before 2:20, we’ll be fine! Even if he’s right, that’s going to delay the next matchup! Aaaggghhh!!! :tired_face:

I got done with my match. I actually managed to beat Swordsman! if I hadn’t teched his throw at the end, it would have been all over. It was an incredible game and he played SO well. GG @BHswordsman09

Anybody wanna help me with Season 3 Kan-Ra? lol

4 Likes

What can I say, I guess I’ve been “Sleep-ing” in the job :cloud_tornado:

1 Like

Also, I used Xbox messaging to let the KIPL official know the results, but they still aren’t posted yet.

I’m not in a positive state of mind right now. I asked my brother to make sure that all devices were turned off before the tournament started. He said he would at 1:45 allowing for the Fallout 4 game he was playing on his PC to sync when he quit out of it. I was okay with this.

My 1st opponent was UL Mailman 1716, a good friend of mine. So, naturally, I was excited. Then I get a message from him saying he was going to be 10 minutes late. Thanks, Mailman…

2:02 - I find my brother STILL on F4 after the tournament was supposed to have started. Thanks, bro…

Then I get a message from TM Shadee, who said I was scheduled to fight him. I checked the brackets, and they did indeed change last minute. Thanks, 8bit…

So, I get together with Shadee and inform Mailman who he’d be fighting instead.

I won the 1st match. Yay! Then during the 2nd match we get hit by a crap ton of lag! Shadee wins with his Sabrewulf, 'cause frames and lag = auto-win. Thanks, crap network and lag…

Before starting our final match, we both check our network settings. I discover that we’re across the country from 1 another (he’s on the west coast while I’m on the eastern seaboard) AND the issue’s on my end!

I quickly discover that my brother’s PC is STILL on and is syncing F4. In an angry huff, I shut off his computer and yell at him.

Naturally, the last fight goes much more smoothly, but because of the emotional state I’m in, I make a careless mistake at the last possible moment (I had Shadee in danger) and give him the overall win.

Competition: 90% mental; 10% physical.

I am not in the right state of mind for this. The world can kiss my collective ■■■ at this point…

And your against cP Lunars.

Tell me what stage he left your broken pebbles in, and ill go sweep them up, and help you put Aganos back together.

(I lost 0-2 in both games. But they were nowhere near blow-out victories. I did great, and my weakness was breaking. Just like i knew it would be. Now i KNOW i will putting in time in breaker-training before the next tournament.)

As expected, the 2x top 32 player, cP Lunarz, beat me with his shiny red Fulgore 2-0, and he did it on Kim Wu’s stage…

He kept doing these insanely good teleport cross-ups with his projectiles at different rates of speed, so I’d be mid-move on the wrong side as he’d attack me from behind. The way he did it though, I’d never seen that before. Normally, I’d autocorrect and hit my opponent, but in this instance, it simply wasn’t happening.

I’m out of the whole darn thing… Just like that. :’(

Me: grabs broom… ok lets go.

Galactic Geek: Why are you covered in purple ectoplasm?

Me: I dont want to talk about it.

Interestingly enough, because of what the brackets say, technically speaking, I won twice and lost twice. The thing is, my 2 wins are by forfeiture, so it didn’t feel like I did much of anything but lose.

There really should be an amature tournament that they host, where no pro tournament players or top 32 players are allowed. They could call it the “Everyman Tournament” or something like that. :slight_smile:

According to the standings I’ve got 10-something in the bracket. I don’t know if that’s 10 points or 10th place or what… But it’s 10-something. :smirk:

EDIT: Must be place; 'cause it just dropped to 11. :unamused:

Considering you didnt make top 16, i dont think it is your “place”.

Want to join a party and be sad together?

1 Like

Finally got eliminated by UL JD Tbagginz, heck of an Arbiter right there…

When’s the stream about to start?

How many wins did you get?

Only 2, I also had 2 losses.

Same as me then? I think that deserves a :thumbsup:. :wink:

1 Like

Lmao