Killer Instinct Lobby planning (19th December)

[quote=“GalacticGeek, post:97, topic:3244”]
I felt bad about smashing RGL to bits, but he did ask to see
[/quote] thanks! Don’t feel bad, it was a valuable learning experience. I would be interested in fighting you again so I can learn the Aganos/Shago matchup a little more.

I could’ve made it if I didn’t keep disconnecting.

You should’ve tried a separate lobby like I did - for me at least, it seemed to do the trick. :wink:

Thanks to those who had good things to say about my Thunder here in the thread, or in the lobby yesterday.

Good to know I’m at a point where people take me seriously, even if it’s only with a single character so far.

1 Like

Yeah man you played a pretty good Thunder.

Hey guys, I put up a new thread for (potentially) weekly lobbies. Along with the footage from the last lobby. Lets continue the discussion there!

4 Likes

Sorry I couldn’t make it folks. Things have been totally insane at work. I’m sure I’ll get to play with you all soon enough though :smiley: Glad you all had fun!

We all harbor an extreme prejudice against you for missing it.

I think you also caused global warming, childhood obesity, and the Star Wars prequels.

2 Likes

Lol. I still maintain that Revenge of the Sith was actually a pretty good movie…

Speaking of lobbies though, is anyone interested in participating in one or otherwise running a set tonight? Last day of work for me for the year, so I’m wanting to play some KI to celebrate :grin:

You know me and my Fulgore:) We made a new buddy. His name is Shadow Jago.

Haha. I’m game if you are. :grin:

I’ve actually found Shago to be one of my least favorite MU’s in the game. I find all the disappearing incredibly tedious…it’s actually quite a bit harder to counter than you might think. The delay between disappearance and attack is slow enough to let you block, but it also throws off Hisako counter timing by just enough to make it whiff :laughing:

Want to make one right now?

Sure, I can hop on. Lobby or set is fine with me - I just want to play some KI :-p

Lobby it is. Anyone else you have in mind?

I did not, which was why I just shot you an invite. Good games though sir!

Gg’s. That Hisako I don’t know what to do situation though. Must hold up.

Haha. You are a wise man, and I predict you will go far.

I think a big thing though is you probably want to get more comfortable with baiting counters. Shago wracks up a lot of potential damage, but either because of your playstyle or because you’re afraid of counter, I almost never had to deal with real pressure once I got knocked down. Hisako has one of the weakest wakeups in the game, so it’s really important to exploit that and actually apply pressure once you knock her down.

Getting countered by Hisako is just part of the cost of doing business with her. You have to be willing to play a bit disrespectful against her - it’ll get you caught, but it’ll also force the Hisako to think a bit harder about what she has to do on defense, and that will cause her to make mistakes.

Hope that helps :grin:

I hope to join you guys for a set someday or a lobby. Looks really fun. I am but an average (or intermediate, to use a nicer word) player. :smile:

I play Aria, so in case people need some practice against her, I am happy to help.

Lol. Let’s be real: everyone needs practice against Aria. She is hands down the least-seen character in the cast from my experience.

Is she bad, or it’s just the complexity of the character?