Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition on sale for $20 until November 28th

1 Like

okay, interesting. looking forward to you reporting back.

Okay the program does open. It contains videos, various soundtracks (ogg format), artwork etc. Presumably all the bonus content from the XBox version.

The app name is: Microsoft.CorazonLauncher_1.0.2.0_x86
The download is almost entirely video (5.75gb) and I canā€™t locate any files for the original KI games.

The launch page implies I have the Definitive Edition and that it is PC compatible.

I guess you only see it in the store if you bought the DE. the actual game content is still locked though right? I guess what we see here is the preparation for the release of the PC version but itā€™s not actually happened yet.

I think itā€™s a very positive sign. At the reduced price Iā€™m going to take a gamble and wait for it to be released properly :slight_smile:

I thought you already have the DE? then I donā€™t undertand why you have access to the DE app?

Yes I just meanā€™t waiting for the main application to be updated so I can actually use the characters.

good to know. well I probably gonna risk it too thanks to your information. itā€™s a really good price. letā€™s hope we donā€™t have to wait much longer.

I was just looking through the windows store and guess what I found. an entry for the Definitive Edition with the announcement that it will be available on november the 30th at 7pm (UTC+1). so hopefully everything will work fine by then.

Why was the sale removed?

Itā€™s not the 28th, and all the other items in the sale say that thereā€™s 2 days remaining.

So as a PC player, do I still have any chance to get DE at 20 bucks? And if yes, how would I buy it? The spot that was presumably the one for DE just says ā€œnilā€.

for PC the DE will be launched on wednesday. so far it was never available in the ingame shop to begin with. the 4 entries you see there are the old packages you could buy so far (but have been disabled probably in preperation for the DE launch). itā€™s not known if PC players get a discount then. you couldā€™ve bought it on friday though in the xbox store for 24 bucks. but at that point it wasnā€™t clear if the content even transfers to the PC (it doesnā€™t so far) and if this will be fixed. I wanted to risk it but I missed the opportunity cuz I assumed the offer stands until the 28th. but it was already gone on saturday.

is already working, i have all character activated!!.. only missing is KI1 & 2 Classicā€¦

seems that I have to wait a little longer. the date in the windows store switched from the 30th of november to the 6th of december. well I guess they need a few more days to fix the ingame store or whatever.

KI on PC does not get KI classic, at least I think so.

I can confirm the Definitive Edition has now unlocked on Windows 10, got access to all characters (inc. Shadow Jago / General RAAM). Looks like the gamble paid off sooner than I expected :slight_smile:

for the pc players: I hope something helps you guys out cause it just sounds like thereā€™s an issue with that which needs to be fixed.

At any rate I oughta let freinds looking to buy the game to get it now if they can!

Man Iā€™m so angry I lost this opportunity and we wonā€™t probably get another one on PC :confused:

I suspect youā€™re not alone, though with Christmas and New Year on the horizon I think thereā€™s a good chance we will see another discount opportunity.

The lack of clarity and communication regarding the status of the PC version is astonishing and doesnā€™t inspire confidence with consumers. Surely someone at Iron Galaxy has love for the platform as the game itself is very good, it would only take a few minutes to explain what is going on.

I donā€™t mind buying these games on a non-Steam platform but clearly Iā€™m in the minority. The games (KI/GoW/FH3) arenā€™t really getting the player numbers they deserve and I fear this gives developers the impression that people arenā€™t interested. Itā€™s a real shame as all three are superb and could thrive on PC.

yeah i was thinking same thing with you but i dont think they will discount it again.