Killer Instinct Definitive Edition not working properly

i checked like a bit ago and it wasnt working guess ill try again

Glory to the almighty it ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  works now. JESUS CHRIST!

honestly idk why i waited 3 weeksā€¦i guess i just wanted to play a game i once lovedā€¦but yeah it works for me now as well too. ANYONE WHO SEES THIS, CHECK NOW IT PROBABLY WORKS. I HAVE BAD LUCK SO I THINK EVERYONE ELSE WILL BE A-OK

Lol. Thatā€™s why I tell most people to be patient. Happy to hear itā€™s working again. :thumbsup:

1 Like

GUYS THE KI IN WIN 10 ITā€™S FIXED (almost for me ) all you need to do itā€™s to update your windows, restart the pc, after the restart just play the game and test it

To be fair to these guys, this is the type of thing that should be so urgent to MS that they should fix it within 1 or 2 days at most. Having to wait weeks for a fix that seemed to affect every person who bought Definitive Edition on PC (probably thousands?), and amounted to basically taking their $40 with no product offered (the worst type of feeling for a consumer), is pretty inexcusable on MSā€™s end IMO.

Iā€™m glad itā€™s fixed now though, and hopefully for everyone.

2 Likes

The miracle DID happen. It is working for me too, all chars unlocked.

I hope it will be the same for everyone else. Have fun

I dunno. Donā€™t know the reasoning why it took so long. It could have been just really hard to find. Sometimes things just donā€™t work because of a mistyped number, and in a sea of letters, commands, and numbers, Iā€™m sure it can get a bit daunting. Glad itā€™s fixed though.

Itā€™s possible it was extremely hard to find, yes, but in that case, I feel the communication should have been there. ā€œAnother day and our team is getting closer to finding the problem, but weā€™re not there yet. Weā€™re really sorry for this bug and weā€™re working as hard as possible to fix it!ā€

Even just something like that goes a long way. Instead they said they had a fix in the works, it didnā€™t work, and then radio silence. As a consumer thatā€™s frustrating, because you have no idea whether you should ask for a refund, or hold out hope that itā€™ll be fixed tomorrow, or what.

Anyway, no point in discussing it further now, hope people enjoy the game.

1 Like

^totally right^

Tried to pop in as much as possible, but alas, here we are.

Those seeing issues, give it another go. Think weā€™ve got it sorted.

i just would of liked what that guy mentioned above, but yes its working for me so i imagine it is indeed sorted so thanks for finally getting it sorted

There is a similar problem causing characters to be locked when playing offline on PC, depending in which store you bought the game and if you bought the definitive edition or each character individally (it works in later case).
We had quite some Threads about this:

Is there a chance this will be adressed at some point?

Works!!

I just purchased the definitive edition a few hours ago unfortunately and even reinstalled the game twice, but nothing is unlocked for me ingame, just free week tusk. Hopefully Iā€™m just missing something since everyone said there was a fix

Are you on the latest Windows version? Check for updates on the system settings.

the difinitive edition is working on! ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  yeah!!!

Yup I updated windows an hour ago. Reinstalled the game and everything. Nothing has worked for me so far. Donā€™t want to make a huge fuss over it. Just wanted it to be known some people might still be having issues like me
edit: I am stupid it is working for me. lol I had purchased the game on the wrong gamertag

1 Like

I am so glad itā€™s fixed! I have been KILLING it!

1 Like

Itā€™s great that everyone is getting it to work, but Iā€™m still getting nothing. I updated Windows, restarted my PC twice, uninstalled and reinstalled both base KI and the Definitive Edition, and signed out and back into my Microsoft account on the Store and the Xbox app. Anyone have any suggestions?

I also had Microsoft refund my money, but I still have the Definitive Edition. Would that affect anything?

Thanks a heap in advance.

If you got a refund you most likely lost the definitive edition. You can download the base game for free and try one character out. The definitive edition just unlocks all the characters minus Killgore and the other two new characters.

1 Like

You were right; it looked like I had all the content, but in actuality I didnā€™t. I was able to re-buy the DE in the Store and now all the characters are working (besides Kilgore, but weā€™re not supposed to be able to play him right?)