Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition CONFIRMED

Take it to PMs folks.

2 Likes

Hopefully there will be a season 4, though at the minimum I expect a few more characters after this retail release because of the whole poll they had us fill out regarding the “Future of KI” and whatnot.

1 Like

do you remember that the Shadow jago color 11 was EXCLUSIVE to the re-release of the model? but then they gave it too all the other people who bought the limited edition model prior, upon proof of purchase?

I’m sure their will be ways or a way to access the gold color otherwise

1 Like

no season 4, KI (2013) is complete with this release
 next up? KI2 (Holiday 2017)

If ki2 was 2017 I would be furious

it probably wouldn’t be, most likely 2018

I think the salad analogy is flawed. Lets try and brake this down.
So, lets say that the supreme is the full salad. You buy this salad, you start eating it. You saver the flavors and complexities of this one of a kind salad you’ve had the luck to find.
After you buy your salad, You then learn there are new toppings for this salad
 the people making the salads knew these toppings existed, and that you would have the option to buy a cheaper version if you just held off 30 minutes. But you thought you were buying the supreme version of this salad, and while you assumed that when the Killer Instinct Cafe started happy hour the price of the salad would be less expensive
 You didn’t know that it would also come with additional toppings at that lower price point.

So, you ask the Cafe owners if you can pay a few dollars to get those extra toppings on the side. You don’t ask for any discounts on your previous salad. All you want to do is pay to get the new ingredients on the side.

the Killer Instinct Cafe owner isn’t short stocked on these extra items. They can sell as many of them as there are people willing to buy
 Buuuut

the owner knows you want these extra toppings a lot so he tells you the following. “You can get the extra toppings if you order another salad.” You still have salad left. Taking your salad to go isn’t an option. You can’t give the rest of your salad to a friend either, because you’re eating alone. You haven’t eaten enough of the first Salad you got to be full, so it seems like a waste not to finish it
 but you want these additional toppings you can get nowhere else. You know these salads are made by hand, the ingredients are portioned out individually and then mixed, so you’re not asking for something extreme.
All this in mind, you have a few options.

1. Buy the new salad and set aside the old one, as well as any ill will you have for the owners of the Killer Instinct Cafe

2. Do not buy the new salad, knowing you have no other way of obtaining the toppings, and settle for what you have.

3. Choose either option 1 or option 2, but comment on yelp that the Killer Instinct Cafe put you in a tight spot, so with any luck consumers will be more informed next time around. Taking the time to respectfully state that though you love this salad, you don’t like the practices of the Killer Instinct Cafe

4. Create a seen in the Killer Instinct Cafe, demanding that the owners make this situation right, because they knew they’d be putting you in it, in the first place.

A lot of people here are choosing option 1 or option 2, and that’s fine. These same people are telling people that picked option 4 that the owners are likely to call the police if their conduct doesn’t improve. This is also OK.

The only group I have a remote issue with here are the people who are picking option 1 or option 2, who are also telling anyone who picked option 3 that they should get over it. If they’re not willing to support the Killer Instinct Cafe in this matter they’re being children, etc. Even though, some of these same people that picked option 1 and option 2 helped make substantial changes to the formula of the salad, and got other toppings in their meal exchanged for free. Because “This is the only way we get these new toppings, so if you want them, buy the new salad.” I think these people are almost as unhelpful as the option 4’s.

Yes, I know realistically, there are more option 4’s than option 3’s. lol

and on a somewhat unrelated note. I think my post from the other day was a little over the top. Probably why you shouldn’t internet while drunk. While my over all view hasn’t exactly changed, I know I could have tried harder to politely express it. I apologise to everyone involved with this thread, for making things more negative than they needed to be.

4 Likes

All I hope is that they really listen to the people asking for an upgrade path, it isn’t an unreasonable request, and it keeps the people who have supported the game since launch happy and not feeling like they are being punished for actually supporting the game rather then waiting 3 years to get everything they already have plus exclusives that shouldn’t be exclusive.

2 Likes

I enjoyed and do agree with your analysis of my analogy. You are precisely on point with your “4 option” summary. I was just saying, in essence, that option 4 is perhaps ill-intended, and advising folks that perhaps refraining from a hugely negative ruckus is in everyone’s best interest.

Do I agree with the exclusivity of this new topping? No, it’s delicious and everyone likes delicious stuff, we all want a taste. Is it really that big a deal though? Is it reasonable to post repetitive and redundant demands in the guise of suggestions, claiming that lacking a topping that wasn’t ready is a punishment for showing up during the breakfast rush? I’d say absolutely not.

EDIT: Has anyone else thought about exercising patience? There’s a long way between now and September. Perhaps, oh, I don’t know
 stay tuned?

The thing about that though is the closed mouth doesn’t get fed. :wink:

People are understandably upset now, they’re getting their opinions out there for the devs to see, even if they’re doing it in an unhealthy way. They’re just venting, the news is still fresh and the bitchy posts taper off before to long. The devs need to know people have these opinions as soon as possible though, positive or not because if everyone just sits in silence waiting for something to be done the devs won’t know we want something to be done.

I know its annoying but just let them have their moment. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just thought of something, will having the disc remove the extremely annoying “checking dlc” pause?? If so, that alone makes it worth it lol

8 Likes

Oh :clap: Good job. Instant buy know.

it’s also gonna help me out since I gameshare with my brother which means I can’t access any of my digital games without an internet connection lol

Sorry, but the entitlement is beyond ridiculous. A lot of us have been supporting since day freaking one of launch; it’s how we got here. When you make and sell a product, you have the right to determine it’s value proposition. Early adopters pay more and get longer access and chances to improve future content, but they’re not entitled to every piece of content not disclosed as part of their original purchase. If you have to have all the content and you’ve spent obscene amounts of money to get it, then that’s on you and your judgment. Stating that you bought figurines just for the colors is disingenuous, because you clearly received more for your money than a color, despite your intent.

1 Like

I disagree. There is no entitlement in wanting an upgrade path for a skin instead of having to buy the whole game again. No one thinks they are entitled to get the color for free. They just want to buy it without buying the whole game again.

9 Likes

There’s a difference between wanting something, and making the claim that if people don’t give it to you they are [insert expletives]. The entitlement is not in asking for an upgrade path it’s demanding it and hurling accusations and garbage around that there MUST be an upgrade path.

I’m on the fence regarding this issue because both sides are, IMO, making very valid points, and some that aren’t. The problem with that is that a lot of rhetoric is getting thrown around as well. People are trying to “win” this argument or otherwise convince others, when that’s, to be frank, quite impossible. The thing is, however, you don’t have to “win” or convince others, nor should you. Simply make the choice that best suits you for yourself - get it, don’t get it, contact the developer/publisher to make your voice heard (in a respectful manner, mind you), etc. But do it for you, and you alone - not for others.

2 Likes

Best thing I heard today.

Can anyone tell me whether DE is going to feature all the retro costumes and accessories?