Kilgore's Availability

So does anyone know if Kilgore is included in Season 3 (as in if you own the combo/ultra editions you don’t have to buy him) or is he going to be only available as an individual purchase?

As far as we know he is sold separately and is not a part of any season. So until the devs give us any more info we just have to stay tuned.

And / or is he part of season 4?
If not, what is the price of this character?
Still so many questions over the future of KI…

Someone posted something about how they accidentally had early access to him. The receipt said $5, so he’s the same price as the other solo purchases.

Just because they’re in the row doesn’t mean they’re Season 3 characters. Shago is in the Season 1 row yet he’s not a Season 1 character.

2 Likes

We don’t know yet

They haven’t stated the way to adquire Kilgore

I would suggest relax and not panicking until they say something

1 Like

When I bought S3, I was under the impression that I was purchasing eight characters.

Can you direct me to the literature wherein they express that purchase of S3 entitles us to not eight characters, but rather one row of characters?

I am very interested to see where my understanding of this purchase’s contents was mislead…

2 Likes

Man you got your money’s worth with the eight new characters, three New stages which are by far some of the most intricate and detailed in the entire game, lighting overhaul, and shadow lords to top it all off. I don’t understand you guys that want everything for free? You do realize it costs them a ton to be continuously creating all of this new content right ?

The only thing they have said for certain is that he isn’t a Season 3 character. They haven’t said anything about pricing, or even a confirmed release date (although he does have a countdown clock). I’d be surprised, but it could be part of Season 4. They haven’t officially ruled that out - although it would be a strange way to handle announcing the season.

I’m always wrong about this stuff, but if I had to guess, I expect there will be some kind of “remix” pack with the the new character slots.

1 Like

See…that logic is actually tricky. I don’t necessarily think shago aligns with season 3 because he didn’t come out in season 3.

Well technically Shago IS a S1 character, he was just a skin of Jago.

2 Likes

Shadow Jago is… Weird. He was a Season 1 skin/boss character, then at the end of Season 2 he got a gameplay redesign to be a unique character , and that design had Season 3 mechanics and sensibilities in mind

1 Like

I hate to double post but I think it’d be wise to ping the @developers real quick for a question:
Kilgore is coming out in a few days (well, less than a week at least). Think we could get some release information in the near future so we can be ready to grab him when he comes out?
Also, is there going to be a Tender Moments stream for the character? It’d be awesome to get some designer insight on his playstyle and the behind the scenes philosophy behind the character.

2 Likes

It feels like we are getting nickle and dimed.

How do you reckon that?

Look at how many editions of the game they had and how many times the fans of the series had to pay. Say if you waited for the the “Definitive Edition” or “Supreme Edition” would have everything but you have to pay for the two new characters. So many micro-transactions.

1 Like

Seeing as how this is a seasonal game, which hasn’t yet stopped being supported by the devs, you wouldn’t expect it to be any other way… Would you? O_o

1 Like