Kilgore nitpicking session

Kilgore is pretty cool

3 Likes

Cot Dam Al-Bhed!

1 Like

I have a few nipticks, mostly on the cosmetic side of the coin, though I do agree with several of your mechanical points though OP.

• I’ve got to say that most of his colors look awful, save for color 1 and color 9. The worst offenders being the white and gold colors, as they don’t even bother to color them with the rust patterns, it looks like someone straight up spray painted a rusty robot, right over the rust spots. Maybe that was intentional but the majority of Kilgore’s colors look pretty gross, those color choices.

• Kilgore only has one accessory set, recolored several times. I mean come on, even Omen has 2 sets of accessories and he was a freebie stop-gap character. Then the one set that Kilgore did get is broken, you can clearly see straight through the helmet as if its transparent on the inside, but its not supposed to be. Same with Arbiter’s Halo 1 armor set, the inside of the helmet is not rendered.

• This one is a bit of a personal gripe, not something that is a big flaw but why don’t his bullets cause a blood splatter when you hit someone? Granted most projectiles don’t but it looks awkward when we have massive amounts of blood from a kick to the shin but being bit with a barrage of bullets just produces sparks, as if Kim-Wu’s shins are made of titanium.

1 Like

I don’t see the issue with EX.Ball having some quirky comboability, considering it’s versatility. The only issue is that movelist advertises it as an Ender, but I’m pretty sure that is just to convey that in addition to being a range-modular crossup staggering recapture it ALSO cashes out. Considering how juggle-centric a lot of Kilgore’s damage planning seems to be, I’m okay with this not freely connecting off of anything from the combo system.

If I’m spending a bar on EX.Ball, then the stagger’s value to maintaining my offense (or just hitting a damage ender off the recap) is a factor in that decision. Considering this, spending a bar on continuing the combo into manual>EX.DP is a complete waste of both resources and momentum (except for very niche, long-set scenarios). Having an in-built reason to NOT blow that bar seems pretty convenient, but if they were to adjust it that’d be okay too. Nothing wrong with having incorrect decisions available to the player.

EX.Dash needs fixing, full stop. I don’t even know how that move is supposed to work, but I know it’s not how it doesn’t work now. Avoid at all cost.

Could be cool. I’d rather keep any tool that helps keep teleporters out of my space though, and the anti-teleport hitbox of H.Missile is good for it. I dunno, on the other hand he struggles for anti-airs as is, so I can see the good and the bad of it.

I have the same thoughts as I do about EX.Ball, except this one isn’t advertised in any way that would that it should freely combo off of anything. Things can have quirks, a cancel doesn’t mean a combo.

At first I didn’t like this, but it has grown on me as a flavorful sort of mechanic. It really fits his character, and it’s fun to have an extra element of awareness imposed upon the player. It makes a clutch OTG>EX.Missile>M.Barrage x EX.Ball>Ultra feel really really good off of a throw that was Overheated and failed. I think I’d be sad to see it go, but I can understand how maybe it’s more undesirable than fun to the majority, in which case I understand changing it.

I completely disagree, I think kilgore’s colors are easily among my favorites in the game. Colors 3 & 4 in particular are great.

1 Like

Personal tastes I suppose, personally I think they’re worse than Shago’s who’s are already some of the worst in game.

while i think that kilgore’s colors are just “ok” in my opinion. his customization options are terrible. the simple fact its just a recolor of the same set several times irks me. how come time wasn’t spent on different outfits instead of recolors. i really do hope that they at least add different outfits later on and not leave him like omen was left.

My only nit pic is points 1 and 2. I feel like Kilgore should of gotten more accessories to but simply because it’d be fair as everyone else, even omen has more than one type of accessory set.

1 Like

If it’s not good as an anti-teleport against most of his tele-threats (read: Spinal), then I really don’t an issue w/ changing the angle.

Worth considering though is that the missiles don’t spawn until about 38f and don’t get past his hurtbox until 41f, while most jumps are about 38f, so in order to anti-air w/ H.Missiles you would actually have input before they jump. Not sure if it’s worth the trouble of changing at that point. I guess it could be, considering the idea of baiting jumps w/ reticle would trim down on the startup period quite a bit, and it’d be nice for Overheat to not functionally disable… well, actually, once I phrase it like that… :laughing:

What about Kilgores Ultra, great when its a full one, but theres a bug that prevents it from being completed. Sometimes the opponent drops to the ground one frame too early and Kilgore just floats to the other side of the screen then finishes the rest of the Ultra with no one to hit. Rukari has address the issue to me so hopefully it will get fixed soon. I take it that everyone in this discussion has already noticed this?

Oh yeah, that was reported multiple times in the weeks before his launch, while he was in SL. I thought it only bugged out multi-ultra’s though?

Either way, I’m not one to care much for ultra bugs. Just hit MP+MK after a few hits - problem solved. That said, it reminds of a stuck loading screen, so I kinda wish they’d find a way to work it into his actual ultra, something like a stupidly high launch so he can spin a couple times and still pick up the rest of the Ultra? Make that bug a feature, ya dig?

You forgot to mention that there’s an easily noticed break between his combo sections (linkers, autos etc) a fair amount of the time, allowing himto be easily broken by sighted players with no room to counterbreak really.