Kilgore Gameplay (Video Added!)

I hope they reference bill Kilgore somehow z

So, if you play as Kilgore in Shadow Lords, you can start unlocking colors and Player Card stuff like Taunts
I know what I’m doing tonight

Strangely, though, his level cap is 30 and he gains XP at the rate it did back when everyone’s cap was 30.

Probably to keep people from unlocking everything before he’s launched via boosters n stuff.
Lucky for me Color 6 is my favorite, so I’ll have an opportunity to at least get to that… Maybe.

@developers Is there any chance that Kilgore could get some sort of UI for his chain gun spin speed? I think that would help make it clear how fast they are going and how close to overheating he is, maybe even how close overheat is to ending.

1 Like

Some more gameplay thoughts from the Move List thread

A little juggle that showcases some of Kilgores potential. By no means is this great or the end product of what he can do (it’s hard to test stuff in only shadow lords) but I thought people might be interested.

3 Likes

I can’t start shodow lords to even try to fight or recruit kilgore because of the announcement of shadows that comes up freezes and makes the game crash each time. Has anyone encountered this and know of a way to fix it?

that is nice. Looks like Kilgore will play very differently than Fulgore.

1 Like

Yeah, he feels very different to Fulgore to me.

Been hapening to me and others since the 3.5 release - devs are aware and are looking into a fix.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @GalacticGeek.

1 Like

So I finally got into my Shadow lords after 2 months… spent 3 days playing on and off trying to get to the “hot Lead” Killgore mission. (I was worried it wasn’t going to spawn or I did something wrong)
I finally get to it today, I’m fighting the 2nd fight of the 4 fight quest. My son has been playing with this whoopee cushion and throwing it around. I’ve told him many times stop throwing things in the house and definitely dont throw things near the TV or Xbox! Well…he throws it in the air and the ceiling fan blows it on top of the Xbox console…I’m pissed at this point and tell him dont do that again (Mid fight mind you)…he goes to grab it and touches the Xbox console power button and shuts the console off…AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

Mission failed…no Killgore…have to start all over… he is grounded till tomorrow.
Thats my luck

Oh boy… this is very bad… :frowning:

1 Like

Too bad that whoopee cushion wasn’t… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I got to play Kilgore quite easy un SL (playing right now). I feel he’s very different from Fulgore. So far is pretty neat.

I had a similar situation playing in ranked earlier this week. I had reset my rank to get some practice in on Omen, and when I got to the top of the silver ladder I was on my promotional match…and the guy I was playing against was fairly easy… I was playing on PC and had him down near danger…

…and my 4-year-old sees me playing KI and decided he wants to play too, so he turns on the XB1 and starts up KI, which knocks me off of my game because the XB1 in our living room is set up to auto login my profile, and causing me to lose the match and lose about 5 or 6 matches worth of ladder-climbing progress.

:unamused: Kids sometimes…

1 Like

Good thing you never were one right? :blush:

Believe me when I say you’re preaching to the choir on this one, but one thing that is different about then and now is back when I was a kid there were no profiles and all the hastles that came with them…you just took a cartridge, stuck it in a gray box, and played a game.

3 Likes

And the power switches/buttons were designed such that it was virtually impossible to turn them on or off accidentally. :wink:

Oh wait, that was @FallofSeraphs76.

Either way, the console times of yore were the best times of yore. What I wouldn’t give to be able to play THIS generational quality of game (specifically KI2013) on a nigh-indestructible Sega Genesis (those old consoles didn’t need “FRAGILE” markings!). Hell, even my trusty PS2 would be glorious, that bad mammer still works.

3 Likes