Kilgore differences in overheat and instinct

so played and tested kilgore a bit since he is the free rotational character this week

when i went with him into the lab later again i noticed that the damageoutput in instinct is actualy much less than what he has when he is in overheatstate outside of instinct … so is that a bug or feature?
in overheat doing any metalball > Sh.chaingun > H.AD > Sh.chaingun > H.AD into missileender gets me around 65 % damage
the same combo in instinct however does merely around 55% damage and while that is still more than what he does completely cooled down with around 47% damage it actualy isn´t “that” much …

soooo is his instinct only meant to optimise his zoning instead of damageoutput?

Shadow chain guns to not add heat. Are you sure you didnt have potential damage built up in the 1st combo?
@Infilament thoughts on this?

from what i tested outside of instinct shadow chaingun did indeed ad up to the spinstate (and heat later when in a high spinstate) when doing the combo in a complete cool down state …

in the overheat version the shadow chainguns seem to have reaplied the PD debuff (again outside of instinct) … at the very least there is a graphical indicator with the character burning for a couple seconds multiple times during the combo

however shadow chaingun seems to aply the pd debuff in instinct as well but unlike overheat seems to actualy do less raw damage (same with all other chaingunmoves) …

intrestincly his overheatstate lasts only a bit less longer than his instinct like a 2 second difference (?) …

Yeah man, something is odd about Kilgore and his fire application. IM sure INfil could wiegh in and help understand it more. I could have sworn he or soemone said at one time that shadow chain gun did not add fire or something to that effect. But I could just be mis-remembering as well.