KI runs super slow on new laptop. Any ideas?

So I’ve been playing KI on my pc for a while but I recently got a new laptop and wanted to play KI on that instead. I’m not really a computer expert but I do know my laptop should be pretty good for gaming. KI used to play fine on my PC, but on my laptop its suffering from massive slow down, like everything is underwater. I did a little bit of googling and read that KI had issues with monitor refresh rate so I set mine to 60 Hertz, and that didn’t work. I read turning off vsync might help, but that didn’t either. I restarted my laptop, and the game still feels like everything is underwater. I’m completely stumped. My laptop’s specs are as follows - Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz; Grapgics Card: GeForce GTX 1060. If that isn’t enough information, let me know what else you need and I’ll add it. The game ran smoothly for the few seconds I booted it up for the first time. Then the next day I went to play and it was unplayable. Any help or advice anyone can provide would be great. Thanks.

You laptop passes the minimum requirements.
Go into the nvidia control program and make sure that the killer
instinct program is being detected and that its set to use high settings.

If you own other games that are running ok, but KI is not, then do the
above. If all games are running like poo poo, then its a driver issue.

was your laptop plugged in or was it using battery power?

for my laptop, as nice as is it, I haven’t figured out how to run KI without plugging in the A/C adapter. Battery power doesnt cut it.

The problem with the monitor refresh rate was patched shortly after release of the game.
Take sure that you have the newest driver from nvidia installed and your notebook desn’t run on the internal GPU.

A GTX1060 is more than enough to play KI. So it has to be a driver issue or something similair.

You can change your power settings and your notebook will work the same way as plugged in.
But your battery will not last as long as before.

1 Like

I have noticed myself that KI sometimes has issues with computers that have been on for quite a while. For example if my computer has been on for several hours and I go into the online multiplayer the game freezes. Most of the issues I’ve ever had though tend to go away with a simple computer restart. Don’t know if it might help any, just something to keep in mind.

@MrOrange35. Have you configured your laptop’s GPU and Battery to performance? have you updated your GPU drivers? directx? netframe?

Have you updated your windows 10 with creators update?

So I updated my drivers last night and that seemed to fix the issue. Thanks for help everyone.

1 Like

10-4.