KI Pc Port the good and bad

Again, you’re overlooking the issue and the fact that there are hundreds of people experiencing the issue and posting it online. If you look again on that sub reddit there is another thread again that openes with everyone complaining it’s happening to often. Am not sure about you, but if I owned a company and my customers were complaining that my product wasn’t working then I’d do something to fix the issue. When a celebrity publicly complains about my products I’d call that a pr disaster and seriously look into the issue because that person has huge clout on public opinion.

Maybe you’d ignore the issues but that would just lead your company down a bad path.

You’re not helping Microsoft by posting here. You aren’t doing anything. You are saying you are worried about XboxLive being constantly down lately. I’m telling you it’s not because I’m playing on it. You don’t believe me because Snoop Dogg says it’s down. I give you a site that collects data on outages. You call me a fanboy. Whatever man. Whatever makes you happy.

And am goving you several public threads along with posts on a sub reddit that has a monitor of when XBL is down. Look at the sub reddits sidebar, they literally know when it’s down because they have monitors.

I don’t care if you’re playing on it right now or not. What matters is public popular opinion not whether me or you think XBL is good or not. The same goes for when KI launches on PC it won’t matter if you and I think KI is good or if you think XBL is fine because at the end of the day all that will matter is whether or not they think it works. Seeing as how currently public opinion along with celebrities are having public outcry on XBL it isn’t far to think the same will be possible with PC players. Yeah you keep giving that website and saying you dont experience issues but real world players are publicly stating that thats not the case. Whether you ignore that or keep thinking everything is perfectly fine thats up to you.

Its kind of like ignoring a fire because your fire detector isn’t going off. People are telling you there’s a fire but for some reason you ignore it.

I guess I’m not a real world player since I don’t post on Reddit. Lol.

I’m going to refrain from saying a bunch of angry stuff. What you’re describing is more like running from your house in Ohio because someone in California yells “fire!” And then patting yourself on the back for your quick thinking and telling the people still inside that they are crazy for not realizing the house is on fire.

What is the point? You think if you get me to say Xbox live is down when it’s not that MS is going to fix Reddit? Send Snoop some roses and get a nice retweet? Trust me friend, they know all about Snoops post. You think they don’t hear about Live outages or do anything to fix them?

I’m telling you it’s not a systemwide or universal issue. Not only is the house not on fire, it’s not even my house. But you keep telling me I should be running outside screaming because a CELEBRITY wrote a mean tweet.

I have better things to do. But keep posting cartoons, they’re really witty.

When it gets to the point where a celebrity calls you out on your service I think it’s the boiling point of the issue and yeah I do think they heard that loud and clear especially since XBL support and Major Nelson often browse and post on that sub reddit. It has never had anything to do with you and has only had to do with you just ignoring the issue just like now. So while XBL is not your issue and not affecting you personally, I have never really cared and if you read my first post on the concern it was on the service being spotty lately. Whether that impacts you matters not because what am really concerned about is that XBL does well during the launch of KI. For some reason you started making the issue about yourself saying that you’re just fine. Okay, that doesn’t make you everyone else who is saying they are not doing well.

Why don’t we just cool off a little, yea?
You both have good points from your points of view.
@CRIS178 While Snoop’s tweet gets a lot of traction in the public and leads to more people coming out with reports of outages, you have to consider that there may be other issues contributing to them not being able to access XBL like their own network failures (For example, right now I think my ISP is rubbish and that’s why I get disconnected from XBL. But if a celebrity from my region were to say that they’ve been having issues too, I might be inclined to think its an XBL problem instead of my ISP which it still could be). And you also have to consider, in this day and age, at there are people who side with this just to ■■■■ on MS.
@BigBadAndy You’re right. Its possibly just outages in smaller parts of the system instead of throughout. But that still hurts the release overall. Maybe the connectivity in the US is awesome, I wouldn’t know, but there’s a significant foreign audience that would hate to be on the end of an outage when the game is released.
We’ll just have to wait and see what happens

2 Likes

With the release of Rise of the Tomb Raider on W10 it gets me really worried about how KI will handle on the maintenance side. W10 Apps don’t allow any editing of the actual folder content, which in turn leaves us unable to work with any injectors like Shadowpllay.

It also probably removes the potential in custom character modding. As we all know in other fighting games on PC, there’s some incredible fan-made costume sets for the cast. Seeing KI potentially lose that isn’t a deal breaker (I mean I own the game so lol cross-buy), but still for that audience it’s kind of a bummer.

Also, Borderless Fullscreen is a performance hog and seeing all W10 games mandate that is gonna be an issue.

[quote=“UncannySilk, post:27, topic:4998”]
It also probably removes the potential in custom character modding. As we all know in other fighting games on PC, there’s some incredible fan-made costume sets for the cast. Seeing KI potentially lose that isn’t a deal breaker (I mean I own the game so lol cross-buy), but still for that audience it’s kind of a bummer.
[/quote]Agreed. Honestly that was the main reason why I got SF4 on PC. I started seeing some of the crazy costumes people had come up with on Maximillion_Dood’s stream & thought they were pretty cool. So I came for the Optimus Prime Ryu, & stayed for the Final Fight Cody. Oh, & my youngest son likes playing with Dudley in a Mario outfit too.

Yeah but w10 is the best way right? Lol I already know how this game would expand and get more coverage on steam

Unfortunately, MS are more concerned with establising their own game store on PC over well-being of their games.
Can’t say I blame them, as much as I don’t like it.

I don’t mind them establishing their own store, what I mind is the limitations they would impose. Why would any PC gamer go there if we have choices (Steam, Origin, GOG, etc) that are less restrictive?. If they bring KI, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5 and all of the XB1 exclusives to their store “but you can ONLY play them under this set of rules”, I don’t think it looks very appealing.

Someone posted that PC gamers don’t game on consoles because they don’t want to pay for the hardware. That is only part of the truth. Another part of it is how the console environment locks down games, making it impossible to mod them. Ask any PC gamer if they will like a PC game store with unmoddable games. It would essentially be a virtual console in Windows 10. Even if they don’t mod, PC gamers like to have the freedom to do so if they choose to do so later, further extending the replayability of a game. I don’t mod SF4, but whenever I want to I can make Guy look like Strider Hiryu and the GUI look like Capcom VS SNK 2. I think that is very cool.

Anyway, at this point we can only wait and see what they actually offer.

I’m afraid MS will leave us no choice and it will be like Origin - a store for their games only for the most part. A scummy tactic, compete not by being a better service provider, but by abusing exclusivity.

This is a troubling recent development. Looks like MS is heading towards this direction of total control over what users can and can’t do. Right now W10 is a lot more restrictive than its previous iterations, the simplest, most basic things like turning off driver updates can be accessed only through a separate utility tool that you have to search for on the Internet, instead of being a control panel option. Same with the store, you are bound by a bunch of nonsense rules.

Steam doesn’t sell W10 apps, it would be impossible for KI to be on Steam.

Don’t misinterpret my post.

Again if you read what I said I wouldn’t have to repeat it 100x more

Misinterpreted what? Sarcasm can be smelled a mile away if u pay attention

On another note, I’m so not installing W10 on my main PC. Thankfully, I have an extra HDD I can use.

Any specific reason for that?
W10 runs great, almost gives you back the start menu (install Classic Shell if you’re not pleased) and is the only platform for dx12 support (for when we’re gonna need it)

1 Like

As far as I know, dx12 isn’t a breakthrough compared to previous versions. We were waiting for its announce at one point and it turned up rather disappointing. Keeping that in mind, dx12 requirement looks like it’s just a mean to muscle people into using software that can support it, namely win10. So it’s not really an advantage in my book. While we are at it, same goes to Start menu - it’s perfectly functional in win7. Not that I use it anyway, but that’s personal stuff and it’s besides the point.

Meanwhile downsides are minor, but they are there, starting from banal hassle of moving to a new OS and ending (hopefully) with my lack of trust for MS new brand of telemetry.

Combined, dx12 exclusivity, free update to win10 and that last one, they don’t look too good. Well, I hope the only reason isn’t being done is to kickstart new monetizing program (MS store and co), as stated.

…and remember, just because you are clinically paranoid doesn’t mean that nobody follows you :smiley:

I haven’t said anything new, have I?