KI Noob Tech support question

Hi,

I just downloaded KI for my new laptop I got today, however, the game isn’t running as well as I thought it would.

I’ll put the specs below, but I was told by Geek Squad it would be able to run KI just fine.

I even tested it out on Can You Run It? just to make sure (it met both minimum and recommended requirements).

I ran a performance test in-game, and even with all graphical settings as low as possible (as well as the resolution), it just barely failed to reach 1000.

When I play, everything’s in slow-motion and the audio during the pre-fight is desynced with the video (the sound of Jago’s fist hitting his palm comes a few seconds before he actually does it).

What am I missing here? Is my PC really too slow for this? KI is literally in this laptop’s advertisement.

Apologies if this ain’t the right place to put this, if there’s somewhere better please let me know.

Specs:
Windows 10 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Intel Core i5 7300 HQ CPU @ 2.5 GHz
8 GB of RAM

Thanks for the help.

As far as I can tell KI should run perfect on your laptop.
I had it running and barely passing on minimal settings but playing smoothly with an i3, GTX 640, and 4Gb RAM at one point. My best graphics card is a 970 and it runs KI awesomely, so yours should be going great unless the i5 is bottlenecking the works somehow, which I sincerely doubt.
I’m not great at tech support, but is your version of Win10 up to date? Graphic drivers?

Wait. You have the laptop that has KI in the advertising, and you can’t run it? :laughing:

I am sorry I don’t mean to come off as rude, but that is funny as he’ll . I know it is not for you. And for that I am really sorry. I really am. That would be like buying a Blu-ray player, amd it will only play certain movies.

As far as Geek Squad. Don’t listen to them. They have 2 jobs. One is to scare the uninformed and sell them products and services they don’t need. The other is to just sell the product. They don’t care if it can run it or not. After 30 days you own it. The only Geek Squad people that know anything are the ones in the back that you can’t talk to.

If KI is the only reason you own that laptop, then take it back and get a different one. If you really want that one, then take it in, show them the game requirements, and have them get one of the techs from the back to help you. You don’t want the morons up front, you want one of the techs from the back. Have them make it right.

Ok problem solved.

It started working at full speed once I plugged it into its charger (it wasn’t low on juice, it just for some reason only works when its plugged in).

I’m assuming there’s something bottlenecking the performance to save on battery power.

Nothing to worry about.

Thanks for your input, though!

"Wait. You have the laptop that has KI in the advertising, and you can’t run it? :laughing: "
IKR

2 Likes

Yes, it is a power saving option. Go to your power settings and you should be able to find it.

Thanks for knowing that I was just poking fun at the idea off a laptop advertising KI, but is really unable to play it. It still brings a smile to my face when I think about it.