KI Matchups, help needed! ~ Tusk

Hi, I’m currently making a matchup PowerPoint on the KI Characters for new beginners, For Tusk, I need help from people who know how he works and i need to know crucially, what characters from the whole roster are difficult opponents for him, and what are characters are safe for him to play against. You will definitely receive credit for the help. ~ Kieran

Tusk’s toughest matchups are heavy zoners (such as Glacius, Omen, Kan Ra, and Fulgore) and characters with powerful command grabs or parry mechanics (Hisako, Kim Wu, RAAM, Aganos).
Aganos is in that group because he has the largest basic throw range in the game which is a big deal for Tusk who has to rely on his own throw range to get around Aganos’ armor when he can’t use a heavy attack.

Also, Riptor is a special case who’s an extremely tough fight due to her amazing speed and fire breath. The fire breath is a projectile hitbox which ignores deflect, and her speed allows Riptor to instantly get into your face making any deflects you can get extremely difficult to see. Add in flame carpet and mortars and Riptor is a complete headache to face, especially if you’ve been backed into a corner (which is pretty likely).
Tusk doesn’t have any tools that help him avoid the flame carpet nor the fireballs. b+HP can blow up some fireballs, but Riptor can simply toss out too many for him to handle while also able to close in herself while the mortars are in flight.
I hate Riptor.

Since he’s been added to the game I’m so far pretty convinced that RAAM is Tusk’s absolute worst nightmare imaginable. The Kryll shield absolutely decimates literally (the real literally, not the internet literally) every attack Tusk has except for shadow moves. Sword attacks are completely out of the question unless you can read out a deflect opportunity.
Moosejaw is probably your best bet on getting close to RAAM safely, but at the same time that’s exactly where no one wants to be.

I’m still new to this matchup but so far I’m completely flabbergasted at how free Tusk is to RAAM.

Real talk, though, Tusk has poor matchups across the board. He’s 5-5 at best on anyone.