KI Matchups, help needed! ~ Thunder

Hi, I’m currently making a matchup PowerPoint on the KI Characters for new beginners, For Thunder, I need help from people who know how he works and i need to know crucially, what characters from the whole roster are difficult opponents for him, and what are characters are safe for him to play against. You will definitely receive credit for the help. ~ Kieran

Thunder main here. The answer to your question is quite simple. .

Thunder is NOT a character that people can just pick up, play, & win matches. It’s not going to happen. You have to be smart in your endeavors to win with him, because he lacks tools that most characters in the roster have. He can’t zone at all, so you have to play footsies & mind games while allowing the opposition to slowly hang themselves. The goal is to get in close and do big damage; that in itself comes in the form of resets, counter breakers, shadow counters, baiting, hard reads, etc. He loses more MUs than he wins, but he definitely has the tools to get the job done if he is played correctly. He’s a solid character and is capable of being all that you make him. Brains over buttons.

1 Like

This is a perfect summation.

I have a love hate relationship with Thunder. . he’s really good, but he sucks in just as many ways as he is good. He’s only good situationally, not all the way around. His instinct only grants what Wulf has regularly, & his fairest attribute requires a buff; which has to be used situationally. If you’re not footsie savvy in accordance to said oppositions movements, then you’re pretty much screwed. There aren’t a lot of fun match ups to play using Thunder, because you never really learn much from them. . most characters in KI can kinda just. . do stuff. Thunder doesn’t have that.

1 Like

Sabrewulf is not invincible during his dashes. Thunder is.

Thunder is NOT invincible during his dashes. It can be stuffed the same way Wulfs can. They are roughly even. crouching low lights can punish either characters dash.

I never seen that.

Test it out in the master mode. You’ll see what I mean.