KI Matchups, help needed! ~ Spinal

Hi, I’m currently making a matchup PowerPoint on the KI Characters for new beginners, For Spinal, I need help from people who know how he works and i need to know crucially, what characters from the whole roster are difficult opponents for him, and what are characters are safe for him to play against. You will definitely receive credit for the help. ~ Kieran

Rush down characters such as riptor, wulf or tj are hard, while on the other side slow bulky characters like thunder, tusk or aganos are izi pizi. Spinal also has problems controlling the air, so sadira, rash and maybe cinder could be also a problem

1 Like

Any thoughts on the rest of the roster? Maya, ARIA, Jago, Hisako etc.?

Jago is a tricky matchup, most of jagos just throw fireballs while they yolo windkick across the screen (basically 2 free skulls) but the good ones can corner you and be a real pain since spinal doesnt really have a good wake up without shadow meter.

Every proyectile based character like maya shouldnt be too much trouble tbh.

ARIA is a really easy match up except while on sword body

I personally consider Hisako the most solid character from the entire game, this match up is completely skillbased, but if both are equally skilled i would say hisako would win 7/10