KI Matchups, help needed! ~ Shadow Jago

Hi, I’m currently making a matchup PowerPoint on the KI Characters for new beginners, For Shadow Jago, I need help from people who know how he works and i need to know crucially, what characters from the whole roster are difficult opponents for him, and what are characters are safe for him to play against. You will definitely receive credit for the help. ~ Kieran

Hisako, Fulgore and Spinal are his tough matches. Their teleport punish his fireball game. Fireball as far as I can tell is his only option in neutral.

Thunder gives no ■■■■■ sometimes from my experience and birds through most of Shago’s nonsense. But I wouldnt say that was enough to call it a tough match for him.

Gargos is a tricky match for him. Where Shago wants to go in his usual gameplan is where Gargos wants him to go. You’ll be playing Shago differently when you fight Gargos. You have to be in his face at all times or else he calls in his goonsquad and mudamudamudas you from fullscreen.

Not a pro by any means, but hes the only character ive played and this is what Ive figured out so far in terms of matchups.

1 Like

Awesome, the information will be added, but I would like to know about the rest of the roster as well, so the new players are at least aware of the devilish form of the tiger spiritual warrior.

Yeah, this is probably going to be the most useful part of your product. I’ve seen level 34 players in Killers, because their Shago is level 47. I’ve seen silver Shagos beat Max Dood and KI4Life. I can beat Gold and Killer players only to get shut down by a player level 10 Shago in Bronze.

Shago messes with people hard, is what I’m trying to say.

Due to Shago’s full screen mobility, Gargos can not mindlessly spam portal punch. If you know he is about to do one, use the slide to get in and hit him. Once you do so, keep him in Shago’s “rape” zone and mix up crossup HP, throws, and left/right mixups.