KI Matchups, help needed! ~ Sabrewulf

Hi, I’m currently making a matchup PowerPoint on the KI Characters for new beginners, For Sabrewulf, I need help from people who know how he works and i need to know crucially, what characters from the whole roster are difficult opponents for him, and what are characters are safe for him to play against. You will definitely receive credit for the help. ~ Kieran

Mmh, anyone who can keep Wulf away is hard for him. For instance Glacius, Kan Ra, Gargos and Aganos are hard match ups.

I still struggle with good: Jagos, Thunders and some other characters. I would like to see what other Wulf players say

Struggle against: Characters that can keep him out
Thrives facing: Characters that have trouble waking up.

Agreed. Matchups versus good zoners (Glacius, Kan-ra, Sadira) give Sabey trouble since he has a hard time getting in. Also, matchups that have good wakeups (Jago, Thunder, Orchid) can punish an unsuspecting wulf on their wakeup and escape. Forcing him to chase them down again.

Any other wulf find the hisako matchup utter BS! I can accept when I get defeated by talent but this is Kanra all over again. She just pisses all over wulf with her range and now that IG thought it was a superb idea to slow down overhead its a joke for Hisako players to trap you .

I find it funny his overhead was slowed to be “more reactable”, yet it still catches people.

Matches versus Hisako can indeed be challenging. But she changed a lot of how the game is played when she first showed up on the scene. In particular, because of her counter. Now you have to be patient with your attacks, and time them so they’re not as predictable. No more jumping in with HK with reckless abandon. She forces you to slow down, and take note of when she likes to attempt to counter moves. If you can figure out when that counter will come, you can delay your attack, and punish accordingly.
The teleport is also a big deal for Wulf, as he’s always had difficulty with opponents that he constantly has to chase down. The only good thing about that is that Hisako’s teleport is one of the slower ones in the game.
Keep practicing & try not to get frustrated, bro. I always find that it helps me to watch the replays of my losses in slow-mo. Easier to see what went right and what I can improve on for next time.

1 Like

Would you wulfsters rather face ARIA or Omen? I play both and am wondering which I should pick versus Wulf. First impressions are that Omen is a bit scarier as he can keep fireballs on screen for a long while and/or shadow orda shield.

I don’t see Sadira being a really bad match up for Wulf, as long as Wulf keeps tabs on her, it can actually be a lopsided battle in Wulf’s favor.

Jumping HP is incredibly effective at knocking Sadira out of the air. Once she is on the ground, unless she has meter, she has no wake up, and the fight can quickly go sour for her because of this.

The Sadira vs Wulf matches I win, I win because I set the pace and maintain control of the match. If the Wulf player patiently gets me into a corner, its pretty much chow down for Wulf, because there is little Sadira can do in a corner.

In respect to Sadira’s jump ins, Eclipse is still your best friend, even with its nerfs. Generally just block a kunai and then time a well placed Eclipse to knock Sadira down.

Do this enough, Sadira will stop trying to jump over you.

While Sadira can be willy, Wulf’s ground game is beyond superior, and he is surprisingly dangerous in the air, do to his reach.

I’m generally on the evening times, if anybody would like to spar. I know there are a lot of Wulf players who utterly hate this matchup and it isn’t nearly as bad as many think it is.