KI Matchups, help needed! ~ Kim Wu

Hi, I’m currently making a matchup PowerPoint on the KI Characters for new beginners, For Kim Wu, I need help from people who know how she works and i need to know crucially, what characters from the whole roster are difficult opponents for her, and what are characters are safe for her to play against. You will definitely receive credit for the help. ~ Kieran

In my opinion…

MATCHES SHE EXCELS IN
Sadira

MATCHES SHE IS EVEN OR SLIGHTLY ADVANTAGED/DISADVANTAGED
Jago
Orchid
Rash
General RAAM
Riptor
TJ Combo
Mira
Sabrewulf
Spinal
Kim Wu
Gargos
Thunder

MATCHES SHE STRUGGLES IN
Aganos
Kan-Ra
Glacius
Fulgore
Hisako
Tusk
ARIA
Shadow Jago
Arbiter
Cinder
Maya

Just my 2 cents…

I like helping out new Kim Wu players but I won’t lie to you, Kim has few winning match-ups right now and the ones she loses she loses badly.

MATCHUPS SHE WINS

• TJ Combo
  • Kan-Ra
  • Spinal
  • Omen

EVEN MATCHUPS

• Cinder
  • Shadow Jago
  • Sadira
  • Mira

LOSING MATCHUPS

• Thunder
  • Wulf
  • Riptor
  • Rash
  • Orchid
  • Tusk
  • Maya
  • Jago
  • Sako
  • Glacius
  • Fulgore
  • Aria
  • Aganos

I have yet to play the RAAM or Gargos matchups because I haven’t played the game in a couple of months so I can’t really comment on those, but as you can see based on my opinion those are what you should be looking out for.

How does kim win the omen match up?

Can stop the fireball pressure quite easily as well as shut down the air cross-up nonsense with parry. It’s not free but it still should somewhat be in her favor to win.

I thought about the fireball pressure but it’s not consistent they are random. I thought you’d say she can take omen out the air which is a crux of his gimmicky offense.

Hmm…i forgot about him…

Basically, not one matchup using this character is a gimme. But against Omen, shes not TOO disadvantaged to me. I like parry on paper, but it seems bugged so ive let off it in actual play.

Id be curious on how people using the free rotating character days view her matchups…

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternate characters to use to back up Kim Wu’s weak matchups?

Jago, Fulgore, Rash, Aria etc. These characters have mostly winning/even matchups.

1 Like

Yo does Kim wu lose to Kilgore

In a word, yes.

Kilgore can switch between being a zoner and a rushdown depending on his overheat, or, frankly, if he wants to play close up. He’s not a terrible fight for Kim when he wants to rushdown, she can compete there. it’s when he wants (and is very comfortable) to zone.

Kim is designed to have counter-zoning tools in order to be able to make her way in on characters like Omen, Glacius and the like. But against Kilgore, they do not work. Firecracker, which usually reflects projectiles, simply does not work against Kilgore’s projectiles. She can parry the missiles (but not the bullets) but can get clipped by a bullet followup. Her projectile invulnerable shadow move is slow enough to be countered by a savvy Kilgore player that exhaust cancels on reaction into a DP. Or from a closer distance, she can be jabbed out of it. So he has no reason to not sit back and shoot bullets and missiles and force an approach from Kim Wu. All she can do is walk and block to approach a good bit of the time.

2 Likes

I know a good Kilgore is an absolute nightmare for Sadira.

It is strange that his bullets can bypass Kim’s reflect, but then again, they might not be coded as projectiles.

I tried to not dwell too much on it after finding out about it and just accepted it as a fact of life in the MU upon his release and subsequent patch. Makes me saner that way. To be honest, about the only Kilgore i’ve played alot was Maury. Even then, in this MU, there were ways to get some damage and squeak out a win or two. But it’s not fun, at LEAST a 6-4.

1 Like

As a Sadira main, I can relate, there are some MUs that suck. Sadira versus Gargos, Raam, and Aganos… AND Kilgore (if the person knows how to use them).

■■■■ that bad huh? Welp thanks for info bro I was curious about how the matchup played out.