KI has been downgraded graphically... again

Not alone, I prefer it as it is now as well.

1 Like

Riptor’s Looks actually like it’s nighttime now.

I also agree it actually looks like night time now buy somethings missing. Can’t put my finger on it

The background is washed-out and lacks detail.

I know all of you are hating Spinal’s new look but I love it because of the blue tint. It looks like a proper night stage.

So, a lot of these later points are aesthetic judgement about what looks cooler. You can feel that green tint is better than blue tint, but it’s not an issue of graphical “downgrade.”

Dude. The lighting is on point. Especially when that Train comes in on TJ’s stage?

The whole place gets flooded with white light. It’s pretty cool.

I’ve been saying this a lot . Season 2 spinal stage looks miles better . I think they should have it be a combination of season 3 dark blue , and season 2 with just a bit of the green haze permeating the stage. Right now it looks very plain and odd to me. Also cinders stage has lost the orangish neon glow it had in season 2. Now it’s just dark everywhere with plain red all over , whereas it used to have an awesome orangish kind of neon glow everywhere. That’s the best I can describe it . But as great as the new lighting is , I can honesty say that some of the changes were for the worse.

1 Like

These are all fair opinions - but I just want to point out that they aren’t graphical downgrades. They are aesthetic preferences.

Cinder’s stage being less “glowy” all the time actually makes it much easier for me to look at. I had to avoid this stage in S2 because it gave me a migraine.

Of course they aren’t graphical downgrades. I’m not sure why the topic creator thinks there’s been a graphics downgrade. But I can we with my own eyes , how good the game looks since the new lighting was implemented. But yeah some stages are questionable . And that’s completely understandable about cinder stage hurting your eyes. Perhaps that’s why they adjusted it , Maybee it was too bright for some. I just think it gave it a really unique look . But it’s not terrible now by any means, and neither is spinals. I guess they’ll just take a little getting used to.

1 Like

It seems that all the “special effects” tied to the levels has been removed.
Jago’s stage clouds shadows, Spinal’s green eerie, Thunder’s water effects on bodies, Cinder’s glowing lava.
In some stage like the ones of Spinal and Hisako, there was also a “trembling effect”, mostly noticeable in Jago’s tattoo during the intro sequence which is also gone.
It is unlikely a coincidence nor a thing done to avoid eyes hurt
perhaps these effects does not adapt well with new level 4 enders, or the entire new lighting system, or they would be too heavy in association with these new features, who knows?
It’s a shame to see those effects removed even because with the new lighting system (if tuned properly) the result would be even more cool.

1 Like

Here’s Digital Foundry’s Xbox One and PC comparison video and analysis, they talk a bit about the crushed blacks on Xbox One:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvsjv92DC1g
Honestly I think the difference is minimal and the deeper blacks quite suit the game on Xbox One.

You’re not being constructive in this thread. PLUS
 You never say anything positive/constructive in pretty much every thread you have been on.

I don’t see what you’re seeing.

Season 2 looked waaayy better to me! There lighting system is completely flawed. My Kim Wu’s skin turns completely brown during her intro on the Maya stage, and crushed blacks are really bad.

2 Likes

The blue cloth on Jago’s stage always looked bad. Saying it suddenly looks bad in S3, is like saying Sabrewulf wasn’t blue until S3.

I would like to see the rain effect return to thunders stage, its about the only thing that I want back.

What are you talking about? It still rains in Thunders stage. The characters still get wet.

Yeah, so you are making these claims based on your memory
 Yeah. This is a troll thread. You spend a lot of time and energy complaining on these forums. maybe you should find something to do that makes you happy?

1 Like

Sorry, I lose to fast to notice any detail changes on the maps.
Can’t help you.

I’m not sure about the rain affect, but I think that eventhough the rain still falls and seems to hit the skin, the skin itself seems dry

Maybe someone can confirm
?

Nope. I’ve been playing the game and believe me they are wet as can be on Thunder’s stage. It’s pretty clear. I honestly don’t know what people are talking about.