KI has been downgraded graphically... again

You’re not being constructive in this thread. PLUS… You never say anything positive/constructive in pretty much every thread you have been on.

I don’t see what you’re seeing.

Season 2 looked waaayy better to me! There lighting system is completely flawed. My Kim Wu’s skin turns completely brown during her intro on the Maya stage, and crushed blacks are really bad.

2 Likes

The blue cloth on Jago’s stage always looked bad. Saying it suddenly looks bad in S3, is like saying Sabrewulf wasn’t blue until S3.

I would like to see the rain effect return to thunders stage, its about the only thing that I want back.

What are you talking about? It still rains in Thunders stage. The characters still get wet.

Yeah, so you are making these claims based on your memory… Yeah. This is a troll thread. You spend a lot of time and energy complaining on these forums. maybe you should find something to do that makes you happy?

1 Like

Sorry, I lose to fast to notice any detail changes on the maps.
Can’t help you.

I’m not sure about the rain affect, but I think that eventhough the rain still falls and seems to hit the skin, the skin itself seems dry…

Maybe someone can confirm…?

Nope. I’ve been playing the game and believe me they are wet as can be on Thunder’s stage. It’s pretty clear. I honestly don’t know what people are talking about.

I do not understand how someone can not figure out that the wet effect on skin is missing…not seeing the difference now it’s like saying that you did never notice there was that effect before S3.
Although I notice someone here has grudge towards @BetoMachado for topics I probably never read, there is no denying that what he says in this topic is true, just look at the videos posted by @BoJima404 , clouds in Jago stage are missing, cloth in Jago stage have textures much worse than before (actually I think that texture looked very good before), glow in Cinder stage is missing, and so on.
Outside personal preferences, blacks now are crushed and details in dark spots/shadows are eaten by black, many surface types (metal type mostly) are messed in some stage due to the lighting (just look at the details lost in Glacius pictures posted here: Season 3 Character Contrast by @Yperdaimonios , his silver colored metal parts are practically black, actually a very dark blue with almost no visible details), shago color 9 has black trousers which now are almost completely black, and I mean almost “completely” RGB 0 0 0 black, unless the character is in some very specific circumstance (full total light and just in some stage).
Sadira mask (metal type surface) is also almost black in almost every stage.

The work done on stages and lighting in general is huge and results are mostly great, but many things are messed…it’s not a matter of taste…honestly it seems undeniable to me…otherwise we

The wet effect on the skin is still there. I’ve been playing a lot on PC, maybe they removed it on xbox and left it in for PC? I’ll check tomorrow.

The rest of this stuff is just BS. Adjust your tv if you are having problems with crushed blacks. I’m not. The cloth on Jago’s stage looks the same as always. Cinders stage is vastly improved. They removed the constant glow because it was freaking annoying. So if you liked it better, then it’s just a matter of taste.

Dude, it’s not my problem if you think this is all BS. I really don’t care.
I don’t own PC version cause I play on xbox so I 'don’t care if all the missing features are still present on PC either. There are videos and pictures proving what’s messed up so I don’t need to demonstrate anything, all is already in front of your eyes if you want to dedicate a minute to see without prejudice.
And, btw, adjusting TV settings would only change black into grey…if details are lost, are lost (eaten by black or eaten by grey it’s the same).
Too bad I have not bought my TV at a magic shop led by an enchanted unicorn, so my TV can not restore informations (details) that the code (lighting system) has drowned in the black.
Have fun.

EDIT: I took the time to take a sceenshot from videos posted by @BoJima404 only to show that things are already proven, take a look, if someone want to see, they’ll see.
If you can’t see a difference in worst fabrc texture, then, no need to discuss anymore.

3 Likes

Shadow Tiger Lair

Courtesy of mastermyne Youtube channel

I’m not sure what you’re so angry about. I love the “I don’t care what you think so here’s a big long answer for you.” Get over it.

I got up this morning and tested Devil’s landing on my Xbox and sure enough, no wet effect in the characters. So I marched back up the stairs to my PC and tested it there… And no wet effect there either. I’m certain I saw this just the other day, because I was paying attention to it due to all the complaints in here. I’m getting old but not THAT old. I’m wondering if there isn’t a glitch or some condition where sometimes it happens and others not? As you say, it’s not a subtle effect so people aren’t likely to miss it one way or the other.

As far as Jago and the crushed blacks - still BS. I have the game hooked up on two different tvs and a PC monitor and I can’t get an image that looks even remotely like posted image. Here’s a screenshot from my magical unicorn tv. Unless you want to compare default color (left) to his black (right) the shot you posted is just a bad capture or edit job.

Tiger’s Layer
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BECE9EC9982AFB21!2444&authkey=!ABvntw31-E4cGOo&v=3&ithint=photo%2Cpng

Shadow Tiger’s Layer
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BECE9EC9982AFB21!2443&authkey=!APtHTazBu1Yr_DU&v=3&ithint=photo%2Cpng

Your yak yak about lost data is absurd. Jago wears those same retro pants in lots of stages under lots of lighting conditions. The “data” for seeng his pants is in the game. The fabric looks different because it is lit differently. Different =/= “messed up.” Walk two inches left out of the shadows and into the sunshine and you can see his pants are kit again. The fabric in the floor is differently lit. You can like the old one better if you want to. But to drop in a thread and call it a “graphical downgrade” is dishonest.

1 Like

Ha! I knew I wasn’t crazy. Go back to Devils landing. Play the game longer - let both characters get their red life bar down. Eventually the characters will get wet.

Here’s proof

Dry Orchid:
Stage
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BECE9EC9982AFB21!2450&authkey=!AM2bP3Ml3kJkYDA&v=3&ithint=photo%2Cpng

Victory pose
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BECE9EC9982AFB21!2449&authkey=!APY_qsJ6EYMx0po&v=3&ithint=photo%2Cpng

Wet Orchid:
Stage
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BECE9EC9982AFB21!2446&authkey=!ANLoCSxMrqrbYqg&v=3&ithint=photo%2Cpng

Victory pose
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BECE9EC9982AFB21!2447&authkey=!AFp2IKXpRqO8JyU&v=3&ithint=photo%2Cpng

So @zerowhitemonkey, unless this is another magic property of my unicorn built television, you can go try it yourself and then come back here and let me know what you think.

I think he means that the characters used to have a running water effect on them on that and spinals stage.
I agree they still get wet but they also had that effect on them in s1 and s2.
I used to love that effect on those stages, gave it a flair for me.

Perhaps this night I’ll take some screenshot too.
The effect you screened is not what I mean and I agree this is still present on xbox after an ultra on Thunder stage.
What you screened is the current S3 effect: as soon as heavy rain starts, the textures switch to something like a “wet textures set” which is static, sorry if I’m unable to explain better.
The S2 effect I, and probably other users, say is different, it was like animated water flowing on the surfaces; just like pointed by @GazR_J there was also that effect (while less intense) on Spinal and Hisako stages (something like the trembling you can see in the air over the flame of a candle), mostly noticeable on Jago’s tattoo during the intro sequence.

To be cristal clear, the textures in Tiger Lair and the loss of effects (animated water, glowing lava, green eerie, etc.) are the less important “problem”, crushed blacks are the most concerning change TO ME.

For crushed blacks I don’t mean for Jago specifically, the example I pointed regards Jago standard costume color 9 (tha voodoo skeleton like paintings, not the retro costume which I never use and never tested), his black trousers are now almost totally pure black with lots of grey shadows lost due to black crush (that’s why I say changing TV settings would not resolve the problem…perhaps set high brightness value in game option woul attenuate the problem but the whites would probably appear like supernovae), my TV settings are obviously not changed from S2 and the devs said the tuned the new lighting system in order to show more black so, well, something definitely changed, S3 blacks are not as S2 blacks were before.
In most stages with most custom combinations (colors/accessories/costumes) it works well, in other not.

That’s fine. I understand what you mean now. I do recall some dripping water effects since they are brought up. I would consider this pretty minor, but if it is an issue for you, then they are definitely not there. I’m sorry that I didn’t understand what the issue was. (Equally sorry that I spent an hour wrestling with Upload studio - that thing could use some work).

As for the crushed blacks - I believe you that you can’t see as many details in the dark. I wouldn’t want to put you through the hassle of fighting with Upload. For me, that mimics real life. It’s fine to not like. I still maintain that it’s not a graphical downgrade or somehow “messed up.”

The fact that the main building in Hisako’s stage doesn’t have that glow kind of bothers me (it’s my favorite stage in the game). I hope that was a mastake.

So, I took some screenshots but I can’t upload them due to my Live Gold expired and xboxdvr.com would not work either in this condition.
Here are some photos taken with my phone from TV…the quality is criminal-level obviously and colors and black are not how I see on my TV but you got the point, perhaps I’ll be able to explain better what I see (better option would be to have screenshot taken directly in order to obtain what is outputted from xbox without the “interference” of different TV types or monitors). These images have ingame brightness at level 0 while usually I play with level 2 or 3 and are just some example so, please, don’t consider the low level of the pictures and focus on the proportions between colors and shades; different examples are visible in better quality videos and pictures already posted in this topic.

The bandages on TJ’s arm have strange lighting behavior: when he’s facing right the white bandages appear black, when he’s facing left the color is right (white), the red arrow shows also the light source (in this situation, change tv settings or ingame brightness would not work cause this is the behavior of lighting system).
I understand that his arm is a bit in shadow but full black is wrong and in the picture where he’s facing left the same arm has very different shadows applied with many shades of grey (50?) instead of total black, actually, when he’s facing right, his white arm bandages appear more dark than his black foot bandages.
Different behavior for the bandages on his left knee, which are always of right color (white) regardless the side.

About Shago’s color 9, you can see how blacks “eat” shadows and textures on mask, trousers and belt (green arrows), his left leg is completely black.
In this situation, change TV settings would turn black into grey without resolving the loss of details, changing ingame brightness alleviate teh problem though.

Again, sorry for the really bad quality of this pictures (which worsen the problem), it’s only to show better what I mean with crushed black and, as usual, sorry for my English.

On a side note: same TV settings with MKX, SFIV, TV programs, Netflix and all the rest are ok and are not showing that “crush”.
Btw, @TempusChaoti , this topic should be moved again into proper section cause it’s all but a troll topic.

TJ Combo is the only guy I know with size 4 shoe on a 6 foot guy