KI Character Hybrid Design Challenge

A little while back, somebody made a pretty creative hybrid design of King Kong and Godzilla called “Kongzilla”:

Kongzilla | Gojipedia | Fandom

Seeing this got me thinking: what kind of designs could KI fans come up with that mashed certain characters together? I mentioned an idea earlier of character-themed skins or character-themed costumes/accessories for KI, so what would, say, a Jago skin for someone like Sabrewolf would be like? What would a Riptor/Fulgore hybrid be like? I think this is the perfect opportunity for KI fans to get creative and really go all out with the possibilities and I invite anyone and everyone to come up with whatever catches your fancy.
Here are some examples:

This design was done, for example, with the idea of what Jago would look like according to the more urban sensibilities of TJ Combo, hence the jacket, jeans and sneakers. And now for the Riptor/Fulgore hybrid:

I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with! :smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I remember ranting to my friend about this one. Ngl it’s really cool. It oddly reminds me of Leatherback so it seems like it could fit right in Pacific Rim.

It is a fun idea. I’m definitely trying this out! I was working on something similar to this a while back, but I was doing a KI × JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures. It’s still a WIP but I hope I’ll get that one down soon.

I can kind of see it.

That’s awesome to hear! :smiley: I look forward to seeing it. :slight_smile:

Introducing “Cyberwulf” (what would happen if you were to combine Fulgore with Sabrewulf):

2 Likes

I might do a Riptor and Glacius Hybrid

3 Likes

That would be AWESOME! :smiley: If I recall correctly, “Shadow Lords” kind of alluded to such a thing with “Wyvern-X”. I would LOVE to see this drawn or painted.

2 Likes

“Cyberwulf” Version 3:

2 Likes

This would make for an interesting Jago-themed skin/color for Sabrewulf imo:

2 Likes

Ooh yes! I’d throw around some bandages and that red rope stuff. Maybe even those gold guards for the arms and legs.

1 Like

THAT would be awesome. Or maybe have an actual tiger skin rather than a color set.

1 Like

This one is a Kim Wu-themed Sabrewulf Dragon Skin that I designed. I kept the overall outline and frame but added some dragon features such as the horns, tail and scales.

3 Likes

What character combinations would you guys like to see?

1 Like

riptor and glacius

2 Likes

THAT would be cool to see. :smiley:

I think it would be interesting to see what a Jago/Glacius hybrid or a Thunder/Cinder hybrid could look like imo.

1 Like

Wyvern X (Attempt at Riptor/Glacius hybrid)

I tried keeping the icicle beard and have added the various spikey rocks from G’s 2013 design, although admittedly Armadon from “Primal Rage” was a bit of an influence to an extent. Not my best, admittedly, but it’s a start.

3 Likes

It’s pretty good actually. Great stuff!

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley:

Here’s a thought - what would a Riptor/Gargos or a Gargos/Eyedol hybrid look like?

1 Like

Interesting ideas.

1 Like

Not to sure about this one imo - I’m kind of reminded of “Gargoyles” to an extent.

2 Likes

EyeGos and RipGore? Or GarDol and FulTor? (Why does it sound like im coming up w ship names lmaooo)

1 Like