KI anime?

I was watching some old 90s cartoons and though how fun it would be to get a KI themed TV show in that cheesy 90s style cartoon like mortal kombat or the ninja turtles. with Ki3 i feel the characters have really been given a personality that would translate into something like that, anyone else think something the same would be cool ? :smiley:

I don’t think a TV show is going to happen due to the copyright agreement between Microsoft and Fox, now a video game anime movie, it could work out

1 Like

That would be really cool, even if it’s just youtube shorts.

Any form of animation would be really cool to see I’d think.

Bruh Madhouse could produce a SICK KI anime lol I believe they are the guys who did the animes for One Punch Man and Hunter X Hunter (2011).

3 Likes

But then KI would become a “joke” though. :sob: I don’t want that.

Well Madhouse didn’t write or create OPM, they just produced the anime so them making a Ki anime wouldn’t make it a joke lol

Oh you mean the style of it?

How about no. Last thing i want is to see all the girls running around in school girl outfits while the men die from nosebleed.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind an anime. I love that art style, though I think I would rather a movie than a series. Anime series invite filler, and other stupidity.

I’ll take a CGI series like transformers prime. Plus, the only anime thing about KI is asucko and ■■■■■ wu so yeah. Anime would work
just
can’t be something you would see normally (visually). If it were to go anime then the art style would have to be something like Street Fighter II V or something similar in that regard.

But a big no if we get the style like the mainstream animes.

1 Like

Coming from a HUGE Transformers fan, the CG shows have always been inferior to the 2d animated ones. The reason is CG models are expensive to make, so to make the show cost-effective they have always had to focus on smaller groups of characters and/or drones in barren wastelands or evacuated cities, etc. And for a franchise like Transformers with literally thousands of pre-existing characters they could pull from, that limitation is really painful to watch. On the other hand if you look at the 2d animated series (generation 1 and Transformers Animated), you can have larger amounts of characters, more populated scenarios, tons more action, explosions, 1-off characters, extras, etc.

So what would this mean for KI? Well I would imagine that would mean with 3d modeling Ultratech would always be shown to have a skeleton crew. There would be tons of stalkers & fulgore units, but you’d likely only see a handful of technitions ever running any of their bases. You would never see any of the resistance characters out in public. They would always be off in a deserted area training. The KI tournament would likely have only a handful of spectators. Bottom line is every scene would have to be built as a work-around for the CG limitations, and with that the case it honestly wouldn’t be much better than having a few more in-game cinematics.
No if they’re wanting to do a decent job of world-building with a KI movie or tv show traditional and show that these characters exist in a living, breathing, true to life world, 2d animation would be the best way to go
something along the lines of the quality that you see in Marvel or DC animated shows/movies, or perhaps like the 2d animation found in Halo Legends.

Y’know, I know this is the “go-to cliche” for anime, but is the “little schoolgirl” anime demographic really that big?

Recently the most talked about ones I’ve seen are of course Jojo, along with Berserk, OPM, Osomatsu-San, Mob Psycho 100, One Piece (to an extent) etc. etc.

I rarely see anything about stuff like that (in regards to the little schoolgirl stuff), unless it’s like Nichijou and to a much lesser extent Kill La Kill.

Microsoft’s Surface line did some work with Production IG (anime studio, not to be confused with Iron Galaxy) for some cross-promotion between Microsoft Surface and Ghost in the Shell.

possible I guess?

1 Like