Keep this Ki going

That’s a paragraph of assumptions and you know what they say about that.
I know that sequels are a reset button of sorts(not really, the sequel to this game would have a great foundation). A sequel for this game would be a “reset” and chance to put their best foot forward at launch.

They don’t owe us anything.

2 Likes

All im saying is I love THIS game and want to see THIS game grow and its meta develop, I have no casual attachment to the franchise like some, I hope this game lasts for at least 3-4 years before a sequel is being thought about.

1 Like

I had no attachment to the franchise until I played this one. Love this game, interested in a sequel at some point. Kind thought that it always worked that way. I’ve bought the sequel to every game I have really loved.

A sequel is fine at the right time, the immediate future is not the right time for a game with so much left to discover and possibly a another season of content under its belt.

I would just like to remind everyone of this pair of posts;

Theoretically, more news today and tomorrow, so let’s keep that in mind. The “more content” versus “final season” versus “sequel” debates and discussion are great, but I don’t think we’re working with all the information yet.

3 Likes

People are quick to jump to conclusions which I find hilarious.

That was during a Gamescom press conference. No conference this year.

MS has announced sequels way too early recently. Crackdown, Sea of Thieves etc. still seem early and they’ve been know about for years at this point.

KI announcement was great, launched the same year! If the KI sequel is coming, I hope it’s the same way. Announced at E3 2018, out that year.

I mean, it isn’t like Rukari actually verified that there are more announcements, but we’re talking about EVO here, and we can already assume we will have some sort of info on (if not the release of) the 8th character sometime between now and the end of the weekend.

Plus, Gamescom is next month; isn’t that where Season 3 was announced last year? If we get no announcements at EVO regarding a new season, more DLC, or the end of this game and a sequel in the works I won’t be concerned until Gamescom is behind us. Announcing a new season or a sequel at the same event two years in a row makes sense, too.

Yeah, I absolutely don’t expect an announcement of season 4 this weekend. I do expect info on the 8th character, the release date and a new multiplayer mode.

I just think people look too much into the Definitive Edition of KI and think season 3 is the final season. When the disc releases, it WILL be the definitive version. That doesn’t mean there won’t be more DLC in the future.

1 Like

No Microsoft’s press conference confirmed at Gamescom, so I won’t expect Killer Instinct announcements if I was you …

I mean, the Season 1 and 2 bundle was called the “Complete Edition.” Granted, physical discs are much more finalized than digital releases, but if you own only that bundle it’s definitely not complete any more.

@RyuHayabusaX I don’t remember when there was news or an announcement of last year’s exhibition, so I’m not concerned. Wait And See is a powerful tool, honestly. No sense in panic and doomsday pyres now when we know this weekend has potential for more information and possibly next month, too.

Ask me in September how concerned I am about what is happening with KI13. I doubt we get that far without ANY information or news beyond the remaining S3 modes and character.

Last year, Killer Instinct Season 3 was revealed at Gamescom with a BETA playable Rash battletoad right after the showing. But this year, Microsoft won’t hold a press conference at Gamescom. So I won’t expect any KI news during the event.

I can udnertand people’s opinions here and there, but the hoent fact is: Everyone gets a patch and changes happen one way or another. Unless everyone is some how satisfied 100% about a buff/nerf/balance there will always be changes at some point until the very last balance with all characters involved.

At the end of the day however, everyone gets their fav character nerfed. But if ya ask me, wanting to just start over from the beginning is a bit extreme. For all they know, if theyre not Jago, or Orchid, your favorite characet may not return in the
sequel.

Those saying IG ruined the game may have understandable arguments, but coming from a guy who’s favorite had also been changed here and there, adjusting isn’t but a few minutes in the Dojo to learn new things.

All I’m saying is: it’s great to want a sequal but don’t make it happen so soon. Not only that but even if the sequal comes out, you’re still gonna get patches here and there regardless, and balances etc. Even the new KI may get something like this.

1 Like

Rash was shown and was playable during last year’s E3, not Gamescom.

You’re missing my point completely.

I watched the S3/Rash announcement live last year; the point I’m making is that MS not having ANNOUNCED an appearance at Gamescom yet doesn’t mean that there will not be one - the big question is whether MS has signed up for a presentation and is keeping it quiet.

Until the actual event has passed, there is always a chance of news, information, and surprises.

You’re wrong…

1 Like

They announced that they aren’t having a GC press conference.

We will not be hosting a media briefing this year.

I stand corrected. My memory sure isn’t what it used to be. All these conferences blend together!

Ah thank you - that’s pertinent information to the discussion.