Kan-Ra S3 general discussion

So he’s sad they ruined him because he can’t do the same combo off a command grab?

Oh man…someone give this guy a tissue.

the st.HK was breakable anyway. Recap with whirl was the better option. Now you have to use shadow whirl which is easy to break and also somehow inconsistant but also counter breaker bait.

BTW the swarm frame data changes announced are wrong. At least in the game frame data it is light version -1, mid version -2 and hard version -3. So there still is no reason to use any other version but light swarm EVER because it also has the fastest start up. Doesn’t make any sense…

Is it just me or is anybody else annoyed by getting a tornado when trying to punish something with st.LK into whirl while in instinct or on a trap? Make sure you hit dat button for only a tiny split second or get screwed.

3 Likes

That happens to me when I try to use scarab, and st.lk comes out. I wonder what the input window is, and based on what the numbers look like if that’s the reason TK inputs can’t be done. I would still love the idea of being able to TK a scarab.

I’m still disappointed about Kan-Ra. But why they nerf him without reason?? I really hope they bring S2’s Kan-Ra back in Season 3!

They had a reason. Most people thought he was cheap and way to strong.

I really hate when they say “Kan-Ra is OP!” They are wrong. They have only problems with him. If I said “Aganos is OP” and then they will nerf him? I have problems with Aganos because he’s had four chunks. Kan-Ra is not OP! They ruined him! D:

Kan-ra Vs Aganos Before was A 9-1 MU. IMO.

What’s “MU” mean?

Match up.

Meaning Kan-ra would win 9 out of 10 of those matches against Aganos.

Oh. But I believe they won’t listen to Kan-Ra players. I think I should give up complains about Kan-Ra. Sc-rew this.

Kan-ra is still viable. You Just gotta re-think a bit.

Spinal on the other hand.

I can’t. I was use Kan-Ra with SonicDolphin117 for week ago. But he not very helpful to me because he’s not Kan-Ra player. I try to find Sleep because he’s best Kan-Ra player. But I still can’t find him on twitter,

S3 Kan-Ra forces you to heavily rely on other types of setups.

Where most people constantly used scarabs and built their overall game around them, decent to good Kan-Ra players typically rely on every move in their arsenal and form situational setups with them all based on the MU, and the distance Kan-Ra is from his opponent.

The same could be said about clutch. There are tons of Kan-Ra players who build their game around clutch vice scarabs. S3 forces you to have more of a free-forming game that every once in awhile may lean more toward a specific move, but not so much that it becomes a crutch and prevent you from switching your game up.

1 Like

I honestly love season 3 Kan Ra, and I am playing a lot of him. flip out and stagger are doing wonders for me, even if I can’t make crazy good use of Shadow swarms anymore. As they said at the world cup, keeping your opponent cursed is much more crucial to his game plan and I think people are over reacting.

Doesn’t everyone remember when Kan Ra first came out? Everyone said he was absolute garbage at his launch and only got nerfed over time. So what happened? Time passed and people learned how to do amazing things with him. I think Season 3 is a change for the whirling cycle of Kan Ra to start all over again.:cloud_tornado:

It’s how it works all the time. “new character is unveild” “Man this character sucks or this character is OP” Happens all the time. And it will never end. It’s what we humans do. Always judge a book by it’s cover all the time. It’s our nature.

1 Like

Let me guess… Humans need to evolve or die? :robot:
Looks like it’s time to make my choice

1 Like

Of course. I like it, simple easy to remember. :robot:

Praise ARIA

We need an ARIA emote. Would use.

I am still not convinced that he is viable.

People didn’t get used to his changes and still play against him like it’s S2. They don’t press buttons when they are pressured like they should, because Kan-Ra is negativ after almost everything he does. There is only cr.MK, st.HK, and back+MP that keep him positive.
Actually, whenever you are pressured by Kan-Ra and he puts you in block stun, there is no reason to not just hold forward jump. Kan-Ra is not plus enough to hit you out of your pre-jump frames (like he used to). Jumping also avoids clutch. So why NOT holding forward jump. He does not have a button that covers that space over is head. He can read an AA clutch, but that is a very unlikely and not in his favor.

So the only thing that is left is running away and try to set something up from a distance. Which also got harder and does no real damage.

I would drop him if I wasn’t a stupid character loyalist. I have to admit I still haven’t explored shadow spike fully. I just wish it was safe on block. Another thing that keeps me playing him is the change to counter breakers. IMO that is a HUUUGE buff because you won’t just die after getting your combo broken. Now you can go for longer combos but they won’t deal real damage anyway…

1 Like

sorry for the double post but surprisingly right now kan-ra is BANNED!

He has an infinite block string. I don’t know how it works, because I don’t have time to investigate right now.

Another bug: Clutch does double damage when a shadow spike trap is on the screen.

And this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=_aFCzJdDmvw

And you can’t shadow counter shadow swarm and air swarms. Lol