Juggle mechanic used to exploit free damage

Doesn’t every character have manuals?

I should probably add that hisako really Dosent have the exploits I mentioned above. my bad :blush:. as I’m to lazy to edit it please disregard that tiny part.

instead of focusing on my slip of the keyboard, let’s focus on all the other crap

Most linker juggles have relatively decent tells - I actually break Orchid flik flak juggles kind of a lot. I think Wulf’s are harder and Maya’s can be really tough, but those also aren’t really the end of the world.

People didn’t hate Kan’s S2 juggles because they were hard to break - people hated them because they were unbreakable. There’s a big difference in there. Something with little tell is fundamentally different than something that is by definition unbreakable or something that has no tell (ala launch TJ’s tremors in the corner). Most of the juggles in the game right now have pretty obvious break points near as I can tell. Only a few characters get to truly make you guess the whole time you’re getting juggled.

3 Likes

So you’re complaining about getting opened up and not recognizing patterns to know when and how to break? Not the game’s fault.

Maya can do this too. You can tell what to break by the startup of the move, or in Orchid’s case, her voice.

On an offtopic note, I like your use of 1s to avoid the censor system lol

i’m more interested how its replicated, because i tried doing what your mentioning but its kinda vague on how you described it, but i mean if you dont know then its fine, its just watever

i also dont know how to use orchid, cause i’m a scrub, so if anybody knows what hes talking about i would appreciate it

I think he’s beign intentionally vague BECAUSE he doesn’t want this getting out there, which is why he also said he wasn’t going to make a video of it.

With that said, this doesn’t sound to me like anything that can’t be broken. If all Orchid is doing are spin kicks, then you should ignore the 1st attack, and then be able to break as soon as the second attack, since that would default to a linker - it’s just a matter of being able to read the linkers to break properly. Furthermore, if you’re in a combo-state that doesn’t have a break point after 3 attacks, you can automatically break on and after the 3rd attack with a heavy combo breaker, if I remember correctly.

So, as far as I can tell, this sounds like it’s in no way broken (except for Maya’s daggers, since those are projectiles and can’t be broken at range - but they do so little damage as to not really be all that worrisome anyways, IMO). It just sounds like OP inexperience to me, and he’ll get that with time, patience, and practice. :wink:

Eh…so that isn’t how that works :confused: You can break after three hits, but you’ll still need to break with the proper strength corresponding to the move hitting you.

Okay, so I was half-right, and half-wrong. Gotcha! :wink:

I knew something sounded off as I was writing it up…

I get that but he’s making a pretty huge accusation and i can’t help but be curious on why he/she thinks that, and i want would to experience it myself to understand how he/she got to that decision, but thats just me and i dont really care that much since i dont use orchid

In my experience with Orchid, while she can juggle you with her spinning kicks (knick-knack is it?), it’s not all that great - besides, to juggle with that, I imagine she’d have to catch you in the air. As I said, it’s easily breakable (and gets even easier the longer she keeps it up, since there are more break opportunities), and fills up the KV meter, so she will eventually drop you automatically anyway - and if that happens, she doesn’t cash out her damage. So, to me, unless there’s something I’m missing, this is a relative non-issue for most players who have a fundamental understanding of how the game works.

yea thats how i saw it, with the KV meter being the main issue. though i think he/she was just hyperbolling about 40 hits with orchid

Nothing but linkers is easier to break in juggle combos then it is one shot manuals. Besides, orchid needs to somehow nab you out of the air with flik flak right from the get go to land 30 consecutive hits WITH flik flak AND to top it all off since flik flak is an opener it’s brekable on the second flik flak. It doesn’t follow the 3 rule move.

Not like some other characters who can even ignore that rule…

1 Like

IMO KI shouldn’t have juggles like this. KI2 had some juggles but this is a bit too much… while some juggles are easily breakable other aren’t. Wulf running uppercut and ragged edge aren’t that hard to see. But depending on which hits connects down-up + punch on tj combo juggles I really can’t tell (not even by sound). This requires more and more practice and study of what the oponnent is doing and their specific moves and normals in different distances (despite the amazing guess breakers we have out there on manuals it’s better to break linkers in this case, but a cb after a manual is harder to get because the timing must be really good and guess breakers would break in frame 1 xD) . Also juggles aren’t great for all characters, specially when you can’t cash out. I have fun with Wulf juggles, but the damage is for a laugh, not the best gameplan for him.

1 Like

If that bothers you, then I hate to tell you this, but Cinder’s heavy kick into Shadow Fission is a 21% damage unbreakable opener situation and with a one chance break manual off the move into damage ender, it can be anywhere between 36-42% damage.

As for your use of the word linkers, I’m not sure what you’re considering a linker in a juggle combo, because every move in a juggle combo is technically a manual, but most juggle combos have lots of easily identifiable breakable moments. Cinder is especially bad about it since now his afterburner follow up is always considered the same strength as the trailblazer juggle, and most juggles do horrible damage, and require a shadow cash out to be of any benefit, and even then some juggle combos aren’t always worth the cash out.

But the juggle system as is feels pretty good, a lot of combo diversity outside the traditional grounded combo system, it’s pretty excited at times. It’s also a way better system to understand. Seriously, play SF4 and try to make sense of the craziness that is it’s juggle system. I’ve seen videos explaining the system and I find the design decisions behind it are just crazy, and it makes little sense. By comparison, the juggle system in KI is kept in check a LOT better.

What you consider as cheap and what is actually exploiting are two different things. You probably rage when someone keeps throwing you don’t you.

2 Likes

Hell is censored?

Actually the damage from that combo (st.hp xx shadow fission, st.hp, damage ender is 34% at best he can get there. He can get 40% if it’s a jump-in into Heavy AD’s canceled in shadow fission.

Yeah, I went off season 2 data for that, sorry. Slight miscalculation.

I just did it myself to make sure. It’s a precaution I take sometimes when I need to look out for something in the future. However, you CAN get 42% damage from a jump-in with 2 heavy AD’s before and after the fission into damage ender.