Japanese KI scene - Interview with "Tonosama", the Japanese Riptor player

I don’t think Hisako got a ton of help either, but we’ll see.

She did get anti-air cr.HP into recapture (shadow air ORZ) for 1 bar, so that’s something.

1 Like

Oh man… I could rant. Hisako may not have received many nerfs, but the ones she got are pretty nasty. In a nutshell: whiffed air ORZ is punishable, low counter no longer catches mid, and wrath meter doesn’t regen while jumping.

She lost that “get me outta here while I regen” semi-safe mobility. Air ORZ was a staple of her air game, now it’ll get you killed. And the low counter was usually safe vs grounded attacks. Now countering ground attacks will simply not be worth the risk.
It’s like they took this high risk character and made her even more risky, but added no extra reward.

Meanwhile the buffs she got aren’t overly useful. Faster descent will be nice… That’s about it. I can’t think of any situation where I would use Shadow air ORZ. It’s like a shadow jump kick. Why risk wasting that meter instead of using it on a lockout or ender? Shadow air ORZ could whiff or be blocked too easily, at which point you’ll now get punished.

With a heavy heart I say: is it’s a good thing Tusk is coming. I’ve wanted him as my main since Season 1.

Sorry for the bump, but just realized why this is actually really good for Hisako (apart from hit confirms being easier): you get to start the combo system after a stagger. So you know how in the past you’d get a counter hit off one of these buttons and then you’d have to do a manual into a 3 hit ORZ string which was pretty easily broken? Well now you get to stagger, do a manual and you get to go into linkers now (or an ender, if you want a one-chance). That 2nd normal becomes breakable but it’s way better than being forced to do 3 hit ORZ to get any damage, I think.

Yeah, that occurred to me as well a week or so ago.I think the strength will probably be in trying to bait timing lockouts with weird follow-ups, or in just using the stagger to go into command grab for new oki or a full combo when in instinct. Can’t say I’m super excited about the buff, but it should have some interesting utility to it.

Or you could some cool time-waster combos! Like, say… waste your opponent’s instinct by doing delayed heavy influence linkers (like you normally do now), then pop your own instinct, reset the KV to zero, do the same combo again, then at near-max KV, do a far HK manual after heavy influence linker (staggers, since instinct keeps your wrath up), dash up and do a regular influence, then do a level 4 influence ender!

Nobody will have instinct left after this! :smiley:

1 Like

Lol. No one ever has instinct anyway if Hisako kills them within combo :laughing:

From Ogty’s new Japanese blog. Lots of Arbiter tips in Japanese only, but just putting this link to a vid for you Arbiter players (and haters) and learners…

@Keits Please nerf :laughing:

2 Likes

EDIT: Sorry! Wrong topic!

1 Like

Nice article, I like it :smiley:

1 Like

should get a community fund going for Domi, Tonosama and other top Japanese KI players to evo, could cause quite the stir if they break top 8, like Domi did before (without even attempting to break a single combo)