Random arbiter tidbits; gameplay concepts and tips

Id love to see some tests with swipe>Mercy’s Demise>Nade if you guys have ideas…

Can you be more specific?

After sweep (sorry auto correct) you can throw the oponent in the air with Mercy’s Demise, the granade/carbine as usual, I could not get to juggle more but maybe it is possible to shield or instinct cancel to extend it?

Arbiter has no low attacks so anything we can get after a swipe is great.

After sweep into mercy’s demise, you’ll need a grenade on them to continue into any meaningful damage. The problem there is that, like with recapturing after an ender, the grenade’s timer may not work out for the recapture. You have three ways to adjust this timing.

• The first, and least practical, is shadow truth seeker. If you already have a shield on you, you can use this to delay their fall and let your shield eat the grenade hit. Timing this is very difficult, it will often whiff or get only one hit if you try it. It’s not possible at all after LP mercy’s demise because the cancel can’t be delayed enough. Whether or not it’s possible after MP seems to be character dependent, and it SEEMS to be universally possible after HP but has awkward timing.

• The second is to instinct cancel and follow up with whatever you want. Not much to say here, other than that this is the most limited of the three due to requiring instinct meter.

• The third, and most practical, is to cancel to energy shield and follow up. You won’t have time to get all the followups you can get with instinct, but you don’t really need all those options. You have plenty of options with your normals and mercy’s demise as well as gunshots, and if you use gunshots they won’t have any option to break before the recapture.

1 Like

Is there a timming to cancel to shield? Cant get it working on training…

You can’t do it too early. If you input the shield as the move hits or slightly after you should be fine.

1 Like

Duh that’s so obvious lol! I didn’t even think to use the shield. I kept trying shadow moves. Since grenade or carbine didn’t work.

1 Like

Yeah it’s actually kind of funny how long it took me to think to try it. I spent maybe half an hour seeing if shadow truth seeker worked consistently across the cast (seems like no) before realizing oh right, I can just cancel to shield for unbreakable health gain and a much more difficult guess break situation! lol.

1 Like

Hi everybody.

Here is a combo video for Arbiter.
I don’t know if you know this video, as it is a french “author” (yes I’m French as well).

It shows very well how strong can be Arbiter, once performing combos in the corner and how endless it can be.

Enjoy

3 Likes

Good stuff! I definitely need to work on activating shield more.

Good stuff, some of it I’ve already seen but I didn’t know about comboing after throw > grenade in the corner. I’ll add the video to the post.

You are welcome guys. Glad you like it.

1 Like

I’m glad that the df.hk was mentioned, because that move is absolutely insane. Extremely active, ridiculous advantage on block to the point where it frame traps every non-invincible move in the game, an easy hit-confirmable link into itself, almost zero pushback so that you can link four of them from point blank, and the ability to cancel into any strength of lunge so that breaks are a guess-- it boggles my mind that Arbiters are doing anything but this move when they’re applying pressure without a grenade, it’s easily the best normal in the game for nearly every pressure situation the character finds himself in

1 Like

And you forgot to mentioned that it is a juggle starter, which you can follow up with some target combos :wink:

It isn’t a juggle starter though? It leaves them standing on hit. Are you talking about how high it launches them on air hit?

Well, after a anti air crouch forward HK, you can juggle.

@FinchoMatic Could this post be like, rolled into the main arbiter tech thread somehow? I made this before you posted/pinned it.

I can do that when I get a chance later today

1 Like

Just posted a vid on another thread with an Arbiter loop posted by Japanese player Ogty on his blog (apologies if you experts can already pull these off). Check it out.

1 Like

Cool, I’ll add it to the post.