Jago "Bad" Matchups 3.7

Ah, I’m sorry. I will stop saying it, just have bad tendencies that truly compromise my play in situations where I should exceed.

Maybe my effort of trying to be amongst the best Jagos has made me too critical of myself that I often think I don’t know anything about my character or the game.

@LeoFerreis he totally loses this match considering his recent Endokuken damage nerfs and he will get stuffed most of the time on wakeup. Used to be much easier but with his lacking range and RAAM easily being able to poke Jago makes it difficult to punish without a shadow counter.

Sabrewulf certainly has an advantage now that Jago can’t throw out windkicks without being punished. His dash in between is also a great tool if the player is accustomed to baiting out Jagos autocorrect. You can still catch Wulf with a h. windkick if he is actively running under endos.

Eyedol is just brutal. Jago had an advantage from his dominant mid-range footsies but under warrior he is crushed up close with plus frames and at a distance with mage stance.

@SithLordEDP Shinsako is gnarly. During Instinct in the corner, you will have to take the damage of her grab because you will get stuffed in most cases. Get dropped out of the air and DP is automatically negated by the devour. Once she gets going, she controls the pace.

As a note, this is true of basically everyone. Trying to avoid her grab will get you dunked for considerably more damage than just eating it.

1 Like

Ah, I forgot about Raam. That is a match I am not looking forward to.

In the few matches against Saberwulf since the patch, I have not had to deal Eclipse after a wind kick. I do not think too many players have realized that they can. Once they do, that will be a problem. I suppose that is better than being poked by light attacks and starting a grounded combo. The low crush ability of wind kick still comes in handy, but I guess it will be laser sword, laser sword, laser sword. Part of knowing match ups, I suppose.

As a Kan-Ra main I think this might be in mummy’s favor now. I still have to be careful when Jago has meter but so does he.

1 Like

I think the Jago train of “he has no even slightly losing matchups” in the previous patches was pretty false to begin with; he was always a super strong character but he certainly did not go even with or beat the entire cast, IMO. I think Thompson was just so good he overcame any slightly losing matchup Jago had, and the KI community in general has been pretty quick to overexaggerate a matchup out of frustration in the past.

But I do think in this patch he will have some really tough matches (worse than 6-4) against. I think Kilgore and Glacius will be in that list for sure.

1 Like

Unless I’m really low on health I just let the hands grab me.

Is this the trollers thread ? Jago has no bad mus

Nobody trolls anybody there…
lol. Anyway jago got nerfed because he was being trolled.
Jago can be like a pesky Mosquito that needs to be swatted.

He does now.

I really don’t think this is just a Jago thing. If Eyedol is in Warrior form, pretty much anyone he get’s within poke range of is gonna get abused a bit. That’s just the nature of him. His Zoning is also superior to Jago at Distance but won’t last forever. You can also use a well timed Wind Kick to avoid ground lightning and cover ground when he is in mage. Prob have to use medium though, not thoroughly tested just theoretical. His Heavy and Medium double club special are both +. His range is superb, specially his MP command normal. He is very good at what he does in each form, you just have to kinda wait for the form to pass if you can’t contest it. Or look for the shadow counter.

1 Like

Fair enough, I suppose that is true in most scenarios. I suppose the better question here would be, who does relatively well or better than Eyedol?

I don’t mind learning with Jago but it’s quite infuriating when someone spams plus frames, grabs or mage zoning. In those cases I’d rather have someone I feel confident using.

That’s gonna be up to you to decide, you have to press the offense against mage, don’t let him get space. Use that to build up your meter for SC’s against warrior. Spamming + frames sure, but it’s a double hit special = free SC if you’re ready for it. I think it’s mostly just playing against Eyedol and knowing what he can do. If you don’t then a good one just rofl stomps you. I would just test in the lab what are true strings and what are not. Contest with DP a few times should slow him down. I don’t know many good Eyedol’s to spar against either. Might have to hit that thread, work some stuff out with someone. Eyedol is fantastic but, due to random switching he can be forced into some not so good situations where you have to take advantage immediately after the frame stop. Hell I had one swap from mage mid shadow counter to warrior and just dp stuff my sc once… Painful but it happens. Works both ways. Good for them or bad for them.

1 Like

Give this a watch, best Eyedol I’ve seen yet. Might give you some openings to look for. Or strategies.

1 Like

Thanks dude, I’ll look into along with a few other relevant videos it and test some things out in the lab.

You can’t shadow counter him while he is in instinct though, that’s just asking for death lol. I found this a very good watch though, some of his stance swap confirms were sick.

1 Like

Yeah, I tried once… didn’t work so well. Saw someone on Twitter blocking an Eyedol in Instinct, it was insane. I would just need to find the right opening or at least figure out which animation does what during Instinct.

Club slam launches ground lightning, hence why the special itself doesn’t hit overhead twice, and DP launches meteors which do hit over head. So be wary of long range whiff DP into club. He can also teleport and cross you up. Instinct Eyedol is stupid I’ll just say that lol. But thankfully there are not many who capitalize on it as well as Delta does. They know how to abuse some of it but Delta quality instinct will take a bar if you mess up.