Izzik and Dretch. What if they were playable?

Successful, yes, but beween Eyedol and ARIA I worry about such a character being rather redundant.

I’d see it as a middle ground personally.
Eyedol following a trait system with the two stances.
ARIA having three separate entities.
And then these two being sort of a tag team, while being a combination of the two mechanics. Relying on both to stay alive, or one will have to fend for them self as the fight goes on, while still having tools of their own to use for combat.

If SF can have like 32 shotos KI can have 3 Dual-Ish characters.

Having these guys playable would kick serious tail. Make Izzik the size of Kan-Ra and Dretch around Saberwulf or Riptor size, slouching. Have it be that Gargos granted them powers from some of the Shadow Lords he stole to grow in size and power.

I
 I know this’d be ridiculous and an intensely hard thing to program, but
 If they where made, I’d really like them to be a both on-screen at all times Dual Character. Like, their attacks usually involve both of them doing some sick team combos, like some Eyes of Heaven dual heat stuff. I don’t really know how it’d work, but it’d be amazing.

"Intro: Both jump down from the sky, before stating,
Izzik: "The master will be pleased with our efforts!"
Dretch: (Snarls, then cackles maniacally)

Ending: Portal opens behind them,
Izzik: "We are done here, Dretch.“
Dretch: (Looks at screen) “See you in the abyss, losers!” (Cackles as they both walk to the void)”

These are amazing, by the way.

1 Like

bro that was like 4 seconds calm yourself

1 Like

I’m a fast responder :sweat_smile:

Also I appreciate the feedback.

This is amazing and I can’t believe this has not been suggested before. I had always wanted gargos to come in ki with his own IG made original soldiers. Instead we just got mimics(although they look sick)

This would be pretty cool and fill that gap that I wanted.

Edit: especially If izzik could control ice and dretch could control fire! Duality for the win!!!

1 Like

So are we talking something kinda like the Ice Climbers from Smash then?

2 Likes

That’s a good way to look at it. Except instead of one being the primary character while the other assists, both are able to fight individually depending what button you press.

Just thought about this, but say when you tag in and out, what if when one of them is on screen, they have a small fire floating behind them to represent the other character? (blue for Izzik, red for Dretch, then when summoned they’re engulfed in a blaze, which activates the other minion to take its place)

Maybe they even state when swapped

Izzik:"Leave none alive!"
Dretch: “Kill them all, Izzik!”

1 Like

I had an idea about a tag team: the wendigo army

Copy paste from my previous post:
The Coven Horde:
Bio:
The Coven, an ancient clan of vampires, uses many agents, and creatures like the Wendigo, with low inteligence, can be useful for them. Porfiry, a small and fat lmp, commands a small army of these creatures, destroying any enemy of the Coven who dares to challenge them.
The Wendigos fight in pack, they look like skeletal elks, and once they see their prey, nothing can stop them until they consume it. Their expendable condition and their blind obedience suits them to suicide missions. In their intro, we don’t see the stage, we see Porfiry looking at his computer watching the wendigos arriving to the fight.
Gameplay:
All wendigos share a normal health bar, and normaly we only see one of them on screen. The wendigo it’s small and fast, has moderate good range with its normals, and deals poor damage. His first special, horde assault, changes depending the button. Light sends another wendigo in front of the opponent, trying to hit low, M sends another from the back, trying to hit overhead, and H sends a wendigo from the front, trying to perform a grab which staggers. Each attack takes a moment to see the new wendigo, but the player recovers very fast from the command. Ferocius jump it’s a charge move which can hit high or low, being very unsafe on block, but very fast on startup. Cannibal bite it’s a command grab which bites the opponent. The bites give a 15% damage bonus to the wendigo until player changes to another wendigo.

PPP serves as “switch wendigo”. If there are two wendigos in the screen, PPP will change which one its controled by the player. This leads to mix ups, like using one wendigo asisst, then use ferocious jump in a mix up, and switch the control to the other wendigo depending if you opened your rival or got blocked. Once a non selected wendigo ends his attack, runs away from the screen. Every ender makes several wendigo enter the stage to hit the enemy, consuming the damage boost of cannibal bite if present. If two wendigos are hit at the same time, you get double damage.
So this character it’s a rushdown character based in assists to create hard to react mixups. Also, when the first bar it’s depleted, the Ko’ed wendigo retreats from the fight and another one takes his place

This could be adapted to Izzik and Dretch

1 Like

exclusive DLC skin:

2 Likes