Is Omen a Top 2 fighter in Season 3

Can i break this up a little?

@DulXboxOne has been following both me and you @FallofSeraphs76 for a while. because we both play Omen.

Im sure he doesnt mean anything wrong.

carry on.

2 Likes

Understoodā€¦its all good. Lest move forward knowing no hard feelings. Do you have a link to the Osomatsu? Id like to check him out.

1 Like

Omen has always been in the top, it is no brainer even the japanese place him top tier. Its Just that here top tier means, button mash characters that give 54% damage out of nothing like wulf thunder, etc or characters that do not require basic fundamentals in fighting games , just abuse the same cheap moves and they do the work for you and you win.

3 Likes

Now that I have gotten used to S3 Omen. OMG!

So what have you learned and what tech are you using with flip out?

I donā€™t know how to actually cause a flip out. But I have been Combo Breaking to Shadow Furious Flurry, probably nothing new, but Iā€™ve been doing that.

Omens Standing Light kick causes flip out. End your combo with and LVL 3 -4 Orda ender, as it launches your opponent into the airā€¦ on the way back down press standing light kick (must do almost immediately) when it connects it will cause the flip out and you can Fwd HP into them as they land on their feet for another reset combo. You can also fwHP into Demonic despair if you have the meter.

Light punch in air on an air borne opponent also causes flip out but there inst much use for thatā€¦yet.

1 Like

Thanks. After I do an Orda Ender, I always try a Shadow Orda shield.

Osomatsu can play. I just looked at video.

1 Like

Maybe I should try that then try a flip out kick as they fall from the shadow orbs? hmmmā€¦thanks

2 Likes

The light kick flip out is also very good in the corner. If you do it in the corner, youā€™re close enough to Demonic Despair them.

What I also like to do in the corner is Jump Dash + HK them, LK flip out, and then Demonic Despair them.

2 Likes

I donā€™t like the 2 parts of Light kickā€¦ it makes the flip out more difficult as sometimes you get the high kick and sometimes you get the ankle kick.

It needs to be just the high light kickā€¦ they should remove the ankle kick from the game or make it where it doesnā€™t come out unless your opponent is grounded.

Opponent is launched into the air and rea@dy for a juggle or flip out = High light kick.

Opponent is standing and you need a low quick attack = ankle light kick.

This would keep it consistent IMO
@TheKeits Can you please elaborate and help me with the 2 part light kick flip out concern? Id like to make it more consistentā€¦am I doing something wrong? Thanks

I asked a question about whether there was a character tier list for KI but everyone including the devs said all characters are balanced and only some match ups might favour certain characters. Having played KI i partially agree with this but when I see posts like this saying a character is top 2 and top 5 i think there could be a tier list to some degree.

Check Infills guide and you can look at his tier list and match up guide. You can select online stats list and offline stats list. Its pretty neat how it fluctuates.

www.ki.infil.net

Where aboutā€™s on the site is the tier list? I cant find a section with this heading on the site menu

http://ki.infil.net/characters.html

click on one of the different tabs such as : rushdown, zoning, TOTAL, ease of useā€¦ ect

1 Like

Thank You

1 Like

Omen is very, VERY strong in S3

I believe so. Is yet to be determined if heā€™s top tier though.