Is matchmaking just crap?

…I agree, to an extent…

The ranked matchmaking doesnt match you based on level it matches based on win/loss ratio in ranked which is usually tied with your current ranking.

Yea, it’s so bad. Playing against kids that have played 24/7 for the last 2 years isn’t fair. It also isn’t fun to be their punchbag. Na, I’m not going to wait 2 months or however long for people to be put in their proper leagues. The league system is essentially a broken piece of garbage, the devs should be ashamed of themselves. You aren’t going to draw in new players with this reset crap being broken. You’re going to push them away and a majority will ask for a refund or never spend a dime on this game. I’m just about done with it myself. It’s just not fun to get pounded by high level players.

1 Like

as has been suggested play exhibition limit the ranks you search for and find some players to do sets with who are of similar skill level and experience.

No one is playing unranked. I’ve searched for 10 mins, nothing. So, that’s not an option and shouldn’t be necessary anyway.

Weird, i can find unranked matches a lot faster than ranked.

Yeah, my recommendation would be to play exhibition and set the max rank to bronze. I’ve run into quite a few super new players in Exhibition actually - was kind of annoying having to keep backing out hoping I got someone higher.

Sucks that you can’t play Shadows - that’s generally a great place to start to get your feet wet.

2 Likes

I’ve been reading about German fans not able to buy the game, mind telling me why this is? I have no knowledge of German ratings or law.
Also, will changing the location or country of your Xbox help buy the content? Its what they suggest for some apps that aren’t available in my country so I thought it might be worth a shot.

I never play ranked. Only play exhibition.

I think he will need a credit card of the country he choose

1 Like

I find every once in a while the matchmaking for exhibition simply fails without actually telling you. Most of the time, I can find a match within about a minute or less. However, sometimes, it just seems to go on forever. When that happens, back out and restart the search. You’ll almost always find a match after doing so within the aforementioned minute.

I personally think it’s a glitch in the game that nobody’s talking about because you can’t really “see” it…

Matchmaking sucks to the point i want to quit this game why the ■■■■ am i matching killers in qualifiers wat ■■■■ is that makes me hate the game worst match making in a FG ive experienced

1 Like

I come from fighting the same guy 5 times in a row lmao, this matchmaker

1 Like

Probably because of the Reset, I’ve been having to play with dudes lvl 40 or above with me having less than a week experience XD…With time it should fix itself when everyone gets ranked properly.

Meanwhile I’m taking this as a chance to play against high lvl players and learn more about the game

I have been running into the same issue. It has frustrated me but I have looked at the positive and said to myself that in order to get better I need to fight the best. But sometimes I just want to toss my arcade stick across the room. Well maybe we should set up some lobbies for us to practice in. At least for us newbs to mediocre level players.

1 Like

I highly recommend doing this! Make a thread on this and tag the other new players you’ve seen around here and try to set something up. Heck, I’ll even post in it randomly to try and make sure it stays updated and near the top of the General Discussion board. :-p

It really is best to play people who are around your skill level - you guys can learn and develop your games together, and you’ll probably wind up with some new friends to boot. :slight_smile:

At the very least, I imagine it will be more fun than running Ranked and just hoping that you don’t run into a former Killer on a mission…

3 Likes

All of Riptors flame attacks in combos are heavy attacks. Her tail attack as well. As for Kan Ra. Everyone hates him. Best advice I can give you is not to chase him. None of his ranged attacks do much damage on block so you can sit back and relax the whole round and make him come to you. Don’t let him get the lead by chasing him.

1 Like