Is Kilgore well balanced in 3.7?

What are your opinions on his recent nerfs? I have not played him in 3.6, picked him recently and I gotta say, playing him is fun but actually winning with him is a damn chore for me.

With Kilgore I feel like I have to put insane amount of work against opponents I would faceroll with Tusk ez. It’s just so mentally draining, especially when most of my opponents taunt and tbag my week 1 Kilgore, and then get supremed by my Tusk.

1 Like

His damage is really poor and being overheated doesn’t feel worth it any more. However, exhaust cancels make him a force to be reckoned with.

1 Like

Kilgore is the only character in this game that burns meter to use An out-of-instinct freeze.

1 Like

I feel like his easiest source of damage is combo -> EX rockets -> manual -> ender. It can deal around 50% damage for one bar, no earlier PD needed.

Winning should be a chore for zoning characters in pretty much every fighting game. They are a frustrating, powerful archetype if they have easy game plans.

I think Kilgore’s powerful neutral is unchanged from 3.6, just his one chance damage (which was really outrageous) and his reversal game (equally outrageous). I think he probably hard-counters several characters in the game, and people who regularly play those characters might need counterpicks if they have to face a Kilgore in tournament. But I dunno if he’s super strong overall. Probably a good upper mid character if you count all matchups together.

The shadow missiles not causing a knockdown is a bug that will be fixed in the next patch, so he won’t have access to those high damaging combos long term. But people will find and use good combos during overheat.

2 Likes

Oh, fantastic -.-

But indeed, he has some really favorable match ups, like I did not find trouble fighting Gargos or Eyedol, but high mobile chars like Maya just demolished me.

After playing an.extended set with sleep he’s still a very strong character but not in a bad way.

1 Like

thats exactly what i think to be reall y DISGUSTING!!! others must work like crazy for chip and others got it for free.

there one exemple for free damages.

That applies to nearly all archetypes though.

Would you mind sharing any kind of tech or footage of your matches if that’s possible? I got to the point of my Kilgore learning curve when I actually degrade in skill and do some random crap :sob:

Sleep streamed it so you can probably check his archives