Input Shadow Counters

Eh. Personally I don’t want to give a bunch of characters longer range/higher damage/recapture shadow counters.

2 Likes

Of course, but would this fan the flames of more negativity or would it douse them? Or would nothing happen and it just goes unnoticed as in “Oh it’s here…“shrugs” mmm ok.”

To be honest I can’t really give a definite answer here. It’s one of those situations where you can only know the answer when it actually happens. I can’t tell the future.

Take an educated guess then.

Wouldn’t characters with shadow DPs be able to just blow through multi hit moves that would normally stuff shadow counters? It seems like that would negate one of the main weaknesses of shadow counters and encourage just yoloing them out.

3 Likes

^That, in part. @DEClimax’s mention of recaps, also.

Also, shadow counters are generally not high-invulnerable. A move like, say, shadow laser sword being used as a shadow counter might just blow up a lot of pressure strings and get a combo without a prediction about whether the move is single-or double-hitting.

That said, I’m not sure it’d make as much of a difference on the whole as it would’ve back in, say, season 2 when it was raised then. Currently shadow counters are almost all really good and blow up most strings anyway, because they start up very quickly and can only be stuffed out by characters with special rapid 2-hit moves (e.g. Mira’s sMP) or moves that recover very quickly. (Jago’s clMK isn’t quick enough anymore. :slight_frown: ) But then, that also makes the case that most characters wouldn’t benefit enough from the change for it to matter, so why bother?