Input issues on recent update on Xbox Series X

I am playing version KI 3.11.31111.1.294202.r on Xbox Series X. Ever since the latest update I’ve had trouble with my inputs. I’m losing diagonals a lot and often I can’t mute people. Pushing the hamburger button does nothing on the character select screen.

I’m also noticing that I’m getting matched with blocked players again too.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for flagging this and we did have an issue in the previous build that was fixed on 3.11.11 (X) button doing nothing is what has me most concerned, do you have another controller handy to try and see if you are seeing the same thing?
If you play a match where you are missing diagonals, what we found really helpful last time was for people to go to archives/replays, turn on the input display and do a few captures from the playback where things went wrong. Share them here (or direct message me) so we can look at see if we can figure out what is happening.

And please do all the usual troubleshooting steps of a full restart of your xbox and controller updates, etc. just to eliminate those upfront.

Will check back tomorrow to see if anything changes!

2 Likes

I can recreate the Diagonal failure in practice mode. Happens with multiple controllers. I’m losing moves due to it registering Down - Forward and not Down, Diagonal, Forward. The hamburger button works on all other screens, and SOMETIMES off a fresh reboot it works to mute on character select. I find it seems to happen most out of quick restart, but not always.

heres a link

I also saved a clip of me facing a player I’ve blocked, but I guess the clip doesn’t include the Xbox menu so you can’t see that they’re already blocked. It also captures the “Can’t mute” problem but I don’t know that there’s a lot to be gained from seeing nothing happen. Can show if helpful but I doubt it will be.

Thanks for the video!

Are you doing this with DPAD or Analog Stick?
What controller type(s) are you using. I am assuming the Series X controller (with the share button)?

I’m using a DPAD on an Xbox Series X Pro 2 controller. The problem reproduces with the standard controller as well.

I’m reasonably certain this isn’t just regular input failure. I’ve been playing KI pretty consistently for years. Killer Rank, etc and the sudden failure to do spirit step seems to have appeared with the recent update.

Thanks, you are definitely hitting something. Sending you a message to troubleshoot more.

You’ll have to forgive me, I’m not seeing how to check messages on this forum.

If it helps, I think I’ve discovered a correlation with the mute issue. I think it’s only happening when I get matched with a player I have blocked.

I had not sent you the message sorry- it is there now.
Here is the easiest way to see inbox I know of.

If anybody else runs into this problem, so far what’s worked for me is completely uninstalling the game and reinstalling from scratch. So far so good.