Influence for Kim Wu's theme? Your reaction

6 Likes

Seems interesting. Canā€™t wait to see how this goes if this is for Kim Wuā€™s theme.

2 Likes

I like it a lot, looking forward to hearing what Atlas Plug + Celldweller have made for Season 3!

2 Likes

Itā€™s nice, but could be a bit more without the vocal sample- however, that Asian themed synth is quite lovely and I love the mix of the heavy synth bass along with the minor beatsā€¦

I hope Kimā€™s theme is instrumental

2 Likes

When I first heard this I instantly thought this might be a close glimpse of the nature of Kim Wuā€™s theme. It sounds pretty good, I just hope her theme hits a lot harder with the kicks and snares.

2 Likes

Great, cool, and neat song from Atlas Plug. Overall I like it very much already :smile:

Not bad, not bad at all. Iā€™d like to see something like this in game.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty dope. Wouldnā€™t mind something with that kinda flavor for Kim. Could be a little less electronic, but depending on the route they go with the character it could be a solid fit.

3 Likes

This is incredible! I could deal with it being a little more upbeat for Kim Wu, but these crisp, clear sounds and mellow tones sound absolutely gorgeous. Iā€™m adding this to my playlist immediately, and then Iā€™m gonna look into getting more Atlas Plug in my life. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

A little bit of attitude in there, I can dig it.

1 Like

sounds intresting but the question is, will it suit her design and her stage?

1 Like

Her music theme could use some k-pop. Mix that with the kung fu vibe.

1 Like

it might be ok I guess.

Meh. Iā€™ll pass on the k-pop if at all possible. Iā€™d like Kim Wu in all her aspects to scream ā€œtrained warrior monkā€, not ā€œbarely post-pubescent schoolgirl.ā€ :-/

3 Likes

Hum

Love: love the tempo, the Chinese interments the general flow its really good.

Hate: ā€œaround the worldā€ its awful lol and has nothing to do Kim Wu

Suggestions: keep it classic. This sounds like a street scene for a Chinese kinda fighter im thinking street fighter 3 3rd strike Yun and Yang. Kim Wu previously was more masterful than this. id love to hear more deep chelos.

2 Likes

AMEN!!!

please DO NOT MAKE KIM WU A SCHOOL GIRL!

Kim is the undefeated worrior the TOP of the TOP marshal artist at one with mind, body and chi!

not some half hearted school girl!

2 Likes

i like aspects of this too

1 Like

They should reference ā€˜ephemeral dreamā€™ from Soul Calibur soundtrack.
If I hear a drum and bass Kim Wu theme Iā€™ll know why this development team always has a revolving door of employees.

1 Like

No typical super young/naive/schoolgirl/ girly girl indeed

Sides, the school girl outfit would work better for Hisako c: .

2 Likes

I hope Kim Wu is a ā€œchosen oneā€ type of character who either doesnā€™t know it, or knows it yet is resistant to carrying the burden. Only until she sees what the great evil of Gargos can relinquish ones humanity, as in she comes into contact with Shadow Jago. Iā€™d like for her temple to be somewhat of a priesthood that deal with the exorcism of demonic spirits.

Ironically the tiger in most mythologies symbolizes protection and warding off evil spirits where as the Dragon is more associated with prosperity, abundance, and change. I just want Kim Wu to have a lot of depth to her character. While still retaining familiar elements in the form of accessories paying homage to the Bruce Lee inspired characters, the chun liā€™s, etc. Her design elements has so much potential and a plethora of source material to draw from.

5 Likes