In Season 3 Can we add a skip ultra feature

Here’s my input/vote:

Full ultras should not be skippable. I am also someone who gets upset at being full ultra’d, but i think it is a great thing to be forced to watch them. It reminds you that no matter how good you are, no one is invincible. It should also encourage you to keep getting better, so that you will later be better than the person who did it to you. And if you do get better than them, you can take pride in the fact that you also have more respect for other fighters than they do.

So it helps in 2 main ways:

When you finally do come back and beat that person. IT FEELS SO GOOD TO DO IT BACK. It makes all the ultras you had to watch worth it.

And on the other hand, it is the best mental training you can receive. If you can practice not getting mad at ultras, then you will eventually have a strong mind. You will stay calm more often, which will help you not miss inputs, and make better reads. And it will make you invincible to mind games. No amount of teabagging, taunting, insults, shenanigans, or pre-game tom-foolery (mostly in tournaments) will ever have an effect on you.

Honestly, it makes sense for online players to be able to leave once an Ultra starts. The result of the game has already been decided, so it doesn’t affect either player. Having to wait it out eventually just turns into a waste of time for people that want to just go queue back up and play more matches. You know, maybe get more chances to learn how not to be in that position.

I don’t think it’s a waste of time at all! If I lose, I’m going to get a small victory in there somewhere (usually, I try to keep them from getting a supreme victory at the very least, or preferrably within the danger zone). So, I’ll sit and watch their ultra combo when they win, and wait to see if they miss that oh so critical final hit; if they do, then I can rub it in by laughing at them and reminding them that even they’re not perfect (“Ha! You missed!”), just to put a little bit of sting into their own victory. Is it mean? Maybe… but it’s oh, so worth it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

3 Ultras (plus Ultimate sometimes) are a hell time wasted, I don’t learn anything in it and probably was an Killer x3 who beat me with some gimmick I don’t know how to avoid yet… sick of restarting the game so many times, can get in a match before this jerking.

And yet people on exhibition still do it every round they win, c’mon we could be at the half of another revenged round and am here waiting you finish your beat off.

Aside all this rant, I think you should be able to stop and and go back to main menu without disrupting the opponent.

Fair enough, I respect that. I’m personally of the “…ButYaLostTho”, “Silver Linings are Silver for a reason” camp, so I’m not really big on things that I could hang my hat on unless I’m working on specific goals apart from the win anyway. eh, Different strokes 'n all that.

I mean, I’m willing to concede that this shouldn’t apply if you plan to rematch them. And, of course, you’re gonna have to hold that if you’re local. But in Ranked, where a majority of players are probably more concerned about playing the game itself? Why not just make it a thing if it affects nothing and is technically already being done anyway? The winning player can just finish out their Ultra regardless, and there’s never been a guarantee that the losing player is even paying attention to the game anymore, especially if they’re waiting a pointlessly extended period of time for the all-important “playing the game” part of the game instead of giving the winner their full undivided attention.

It’s extremely minor in the long run, but who does this negatively affect if it became a thing, really?

Even a triple ultra loaded with shadow linkers takes less than 10 seconds… are you really so impatient to get your butt kicked again that you can’t wait 10 seconds for your last beatdown to finish?

Tripple Ultras are very dull to watch after awhile I even skip em, but I’ll say this: 3 seconds of an Ultimate is hell of alot easier to tolerate than a triple Ultra which lasts for god knows how long…Yes I get that “ULTRAAAAAA” is supposedly iconic but I can hear it without watching the same single angle punch/kick attack for 30 seconds, I can cancel with the Ultra cancel and I can still get to hear it so yeah, not even a big loss.

If Ultimates make it in the game I’ll be sure to use those if I manae to keep my green life; satisfying without wasting time ^ - ^

I gotta say the same thing to people’s excuse for an Ultimate which in theory should only take less than 5 seconds. A Tripple Ultra can take as long as 30 seconds in some cases. Me I don’t waste my opponent’s time with that jargin anymore, I just put the Ultra ender and get it over with.

10 seconds my foot

these are not as bad as you can see ^^^

Also they are a hell of alot shorter than MKX’s Fatalities. They don’t drag on they’re right to the point and flashy to.

1 Like

I haven’t had this happen to me yet but I get it lol like in MK for example, sometimes I don’t have a lot of time to play and really don’t want to sit there and watch a fatality I have seen 3000 times, I just want to get to the next match. I don’t quit though, if someone wins they have earned that fatality fair and square. I don’t fatality/faction kill my opponents anymore though unless it’s a daily challenge, I just run up to them, kick/punch them then repeatedly press x to skip the win animation so I can find the next opponent lol

I agree with this. I’ll cosign the Ultra Skip feature if the announcer says “R-R-R-Rage Quitter!” :laughing:

Having your favorite game tell u that you’re a cornball cuts even deeper than the Ultra…

Speedy humiliation lol

1 Like