In Need of Someone to help teach me how to play Hisako

Okay! If anyone wants to play me, add Fate x Abandon

1 Like

Iā€™ll gladly oblige the both of you soon as I can, Iā€™m out for a day or 2. Upon my return, weā€™ll meet up. Our new blood wants to be witnessed shiny and chrome, so Iā€™ll give him a few armaments and point him in the right direction lol. @DulXboxOne maybe we can set up a lobby so he can join us and watch a FT5, so he can see how hisako is played

2 Likes

Yeah thatā€™d be best.

1 Like

10-4, weā€™ll go that route if able

Uhhhhhh Iā€™m not sure when Iā€™ll be back from dinner so shoot for 2 days.

Where ya from waffle

Iā€™m a relatively new Hisako as well. I started playing KI when it hit PC, and started playing Hisako a couple months ago. Hereā€™s some things Iā€™ve learned over the last couple months that have allowed me to make a decent climb in killer ranks:

1. Learn to manage your wrath meter. While it may be tempting to dash up and get in your opponents face after a knockdown, itā€™s usually best to let your wrath meter fill up first.

2. Set expectations for your opponent early, then use that to mix them up. The first few times you knock them down, go for a meaty cr.mk into ORZ, or maybe dash up into Influence. Do that a few times, so they start to expect it. Then mix it up. They start blocking your cr.mk, start doing influence. They start jumping, start going for meaties. They start backdashing, throw out a raw ORZ. Random crossup air-orz is good to throw out on occasion as well. This changes when the opponent has a good invincible wakeup, like Jago. In that case, youā€™ll want to try and bait it out.

3. Against opponents that use projectiles, learn to react with Shadow ORZ. This move is so damn good, and covers so much distance. You can also use it against a raw shadow projectile, and react during the freeze. However, most decent opponents wonā€™t may the mistake of throwing it our against you.

4. You need to learn the matchups as well. As storm said above, know your opponents options in every situation. For example, against General Raam after a hard knockdown, he has a few options. He can jump, backdash, throw out a command throw, or use his krill reversal move. I know that if I am a couple steps back and throw out a crouching MK into ORZ, it will beat all of those options except maybe the backdash. So i ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  that out, and now heā€™s forced to block on wakeup. Against Jago though, his DP will beat my cr.mk, so I have to formulate a different plan against him. Still havenā€™t found a good one that doesnā€™t involve eating a ā– ā– ā– ā–  ton of DPs.

Thatā€™s all I can think of for now. Sheā€™s a fun character, but not the type you can just go ham with. You gotta be patient against most characters.

1 Like

If a jago is wake up happy I just counter them. If they DP your cr.mk you can wrath cancel into counter, but damn man Idk if thatā€™s possible cuz you gotta be fast.

Usually if I see it coming I block then do influence. If wrath is full, here comes the pain complete with resets and utter torment. Lol

It actually doesnā€™t. TKā€™d heavy air-ORZ done properly on an opponentā€™s wakeup will make most forward traveling invincible reversals whiff. You can actually cover quite a few options by properly using this tool on wakeup - it beats (most) DPā€™s, backdashes, and jumpouts. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m from Eastern Washington (Spokane) actually! I will be at EVO in 2 weeks though, playing SSBM, SSB4, and KI haha.

1 Like

Yup Iā€™m a seasoned Hisako and thatā€™s the way I do it mostly but if you learn her wrath pokes the counter hits are very effective for what I call backwards defense I try and keep the fight in my favor.

cool Iā€™m in Walla Walla man wish I could hitch a ride but Iā€™m in school this summer maybe next year

Oh ā– ā– ā– ā–  hell yeah dude! Like around next year, a group of friends and I plan on going Venue hunting and looking for a big venue to host a pacific northwest regional, so expecting like 400 people lol. But weā€™re getting off topic. [quote=ā€œSuperiorLoki274, post:31, topic:11892ā€]
if you learn her wrath pokes the counter hits are very effective for what I call backwards defense
[/quote]

Yeah, Iā€™ve learned that cr. mp or just mp in general are good for mixing up the ways that they should be respecting your wrath - counterhits because they will beat out almost anything that they try to throw out and they should always be respecting that. Iā€™ve been in the lab hella lately with my girl Sako, and Iā€™ve been having a lot more fun with the stuff Iā€™ve been learning from here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just beat a master ranked player and Iā€™m only in bronzeā€¦ uh I love this character

2 Likes

Welcome to Hisako-town, OP! :smiley:

This forum will breed an army of competent Sakos yet :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Haha. Congrat sir - may he be the first of many :slight_smile:

And I feel like I saw your name in the EVO brackets? Are you going to EVO Waffles?

1 Like

Yes I am haha. You could probably find me at TG | mcwaffles or just mcwaffles lmao

1 Like

Hey man. Was browsing the Hisako section - howā€™s the Sako practice coming? And how was EVO? Donā€™t think we ran into each other there unfortunately.