Improvments to Kan-Ra

I don’t know, I’d still say that Kan needs a damage boost as he has to work REALLY hard for damage compared to how quickly other characters can rack up PD and normal damage

oh! now that I think about it, how would you guys feel if his sorcerer hand changed in direction? so like instead of his db.HP being an anti-air knockback it would be df.HP because he already has to do down forward directions to put out scorpion tails that people can jump over. It would make his inputs a little easier considering you have to move the stick to a sweet spot to get the right input.

Correct. I would agree with you that it’s working as intended. If you hit with a c.MK you should always use a swarm or whirl to open a combo. If you really want the command grab that bad @StrayDevilFox , try and wait just a tad bit longer after confirming with c.MK and then using clutch. Should land then. If it doesn’t, then take my advice and open a combo with whirl or swarm after hit confirming.

thnx for the advice ill keep it in mind

If you wanna do a normal xx clutch use St.LK or cr.HK. With those buttons it doesn’t matter whether they hit or not. Clutch connects even on counter hit.

Also I love doing medium swarm linkers and reset with cr.HK xx clutch. It looks like you are doing a manual but it’s not. So often times you get a counter hit cr.HK because they try to break and than they eat the clutch which you can follow up with the trap you just put on the field.

2 Likes

Sad news you guys! Kan-Ra is now able to do some better manuals with the 3.7 patch update but what ive studied in the lab is that (from my experience) Kan-Ra can still manage to manual a c.HK but can’t link anything after it anymore, wonder if this was intentional?

One sec.

Anyone still playing Kan-Ra as much anymore? seems all that’s happening is just getting tech taken away for others, he can manual more (not very well) and still has trouble trying to find a way out of close combat. I hardly find myself playing KI at all anymore… either give Kan-Ra more stuff to work with, more damage, or just take him out of the roster cause man I think Kan-Ra has finally lived up his years.

1 Like

His ways out of close combat are:

-st.LK xx whirl
-Sandsplosion (with a trap placed at the other side of the screen)
-Instinct activation (to confirm what your opponent is doing and punish)

I know that his tool box lacks some content but he still has the IMO best move in the game which is shadow spike. This one also helps with avoiding close combat situations or it even makes you want to go in.

I still play him nearly every day and I am not planning to stop. He is the most creative, fun, open and challenging character I ever played.

I play other games too :wink:

3 Likes

Hes still good, I just com;lain about him being weak all the time cause if he was any stronger I would easily be giving Storm, Sleep, Bass, any of them a serious run for their bragging rights.
Yes, I AM that SURE of my skills. Just waiting for the appropriate buffs to make him actually consistent at high level play.
Until then, I’m keeping some setup tech and some goofy juggles on the DL because frankly until he gets the buffs to actually be as strong as others at high level play, we’re stuck having a train run on us Kan-Ra players.

Salt most engaged

Also what the hell is his command grab damage? It’s been over a year. What the ■■■■ do you think your doing? use some common sense please. Same with the ability to instinct cancel off of his sandsplosion. Like WHAT? WHO MADE THESE DECISIONS? (I know who it is, just not happy with them)

1 Like

I’m just seriously getting tired of Kan-Ra, his fastest moves are also his shortest which he needs to help string some combos to get out of certain situations. Sometimes his sandsplosion gets stuff which it shouldn’t if its suppose to be a reversal and on top of that I think hisako’s character being able to revenge counter an explosion is kind of stupid. His directional inputs are also pretty sensitive and I end up doing the wrong moves because of the downward directions. It’s also tough to keep an opponent cursed because of how close he has to be to grab or how people just hop over the tail. You have to have really quick reaction without curse to get AA clutch which I find to be underpowered for something like that and if they are cursed they just back jump away from your clutch range let alone the pressure from the sting. Also some characters are still quick even with curse so it feels like there’s no point in trying to curse them.

1 Like
  1. I buffer LK into whirl under pressure. If it hits, you get a full combo. If it gets blocked, you are still safe
  2. Sandsplosion can’t get stuffed. It’s fully invincible. It can be safe jumped though
  3. Use St.HK or swarm on hisako’s wakeup. Those are projectiles. She can’t counter projectiles. But be careful when she has meter.
  4. Downward move execution errors are your fault. Those happen to me too, especially against teleport characters. Nothing worse than “punishing” hisako’s teleport with a stinger attack that appears on the other side of the screen. Just make sure you use down and not down forward or down back.
  5. Do NOT AA none cursed characters with clutch. You got down+back HP (or if you know what you are doing cr.HK) for that. Of course, there are some match ups were you can react to air approaches e.g. Sadira, Cinder, Rash, Gargos
  6. If they jump over your trap to escape the stinger, you misplaced it or your pattern got predictable. I think I am going to make a tutorial on how to correctly zone with stinger and how to setup after that.
2 Likes

Good news, Kan-Ra can finally use his cr.HK to combo into specials again but still has to work pretty hard for his damage… guess a damage buff is out of the question