Improvments to Kan-Ra

Kan-Ra can juggle cr.MK after cr.HP.
I’d like him to be able to do that after spike ender and spike in general as well.
All his juggle and flipout stuff requires a light attack (except cr.HP) so they are easy to break.

In short: spike should launch higher

yes, but I couldn’t find what his frame startups were for his standing light punch and kick

Just look in the game. The frame data is there.

his standing light kick is +4 startup, +1 on hit, -2 on block. Standing light punch +5 startup, -1 on hit, -2 on block.

I see.

I’m not here to rudely tell you that you’re wrong, but your wrong.

it doesn’t take much to keep him down. I have more fun playing against Kan Ra (My Main) than i do playing as him. Hes crazy and wacky compared to some characters, has a lot of options but when you break everything down and look at what is actually viable to use. Your left with so little to rebuild yourself, hell even defend yourself.
I used to think Kan Ra was just a tad bit overpowerd in season 2, and I mained him at the time. I was okay with a lot of the changes from season 2 to season 3, but some of the nerfs hit him way too hard and quite literally made him the easiest character to get in on. The whole “Fill the screen with sand” idea never worked if your opponent was skilled, and the devs clearly know that. If you play against a Kan Ra in season 3 and know what your doing, you are almost guaranteed to win.

The only times I win with Kan Ra is marginally or I swamp the person I’m playing against. That tells me 2 things. He’s either unbelievably inexperienced with fighting against Kan Ra in season 3, Or he’s not skilled enough to put his experience to work.
I cannot beat a genuinely skilled player, who knows what to do and knows Kan Ra’s weaknesses and win. It just doesn’t happen. Of course, there are some rare scenarios. I get a little lucky while playing head games, get a lucky dash out of the corner while the jump neutral, blah blah. Weird things. You should know what I mean.
ALl in all this reply is a little rambly, but my point here is simple.
He doesn’t have the defensive options he needs to bounce back.

Let’s have some examples of bs.
A friendly reminder that Eyedol has a reversal, the best zoning capabilities yet, and functions as a rushdown. Glacius is a rushdown, dont kid yourself. You dont see anyone zone with him anymore unless you play the 4 or 5 people genuinely good with him in ranked. ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Gargos has minions and mobility. Hisako can counter and do some crazy tech.
and uh. Kan Ra? Sleep lived by the name Kan Ra.
Look at him now
In short. Kan Ra is the easiest character in the game to counter.

1 Like

It might be just me but does anybody else think they should adjust the hitbox on kan-ra’s crouching medium?

What’s wrong with it?

It just seems weird to me when the hook comes out because to me it feels like if its going to hit the opponent’s legs it should be towards the bottem of the hook but instead its placed between the tips of the hook and Kan-Ra’s arm (I checked the hitbox) .

Ill look into it when i get home.

What I feel KanRa truly needs are more damage on medium, and heavy clutch. My reason why i believe he needs this buff is simply because medium and heavy clutch are more reaction based and harder to pull off. Also look at raam L (C.G) 12% M (C.G) 16% H (C.G) 19% this should be the same for kanra imo and also his shadow CG needs increasing from 12% to 18%-19% would be fair

The next thing I would like to Recommend, would be something with his kanra instinct which I think sucks!!!

KanRa should be able too summon Two Shadow Spikes (ONLY IN INTINCT) Not at once of course! It will cost meter and the second pit will go away after instinct is finished. Also sand pit Stingers will continue to hit Simultaneously so there’s no infinite blockstring Mess. I know this might seem a bit much but if you look at the rest of the cast instinct abilitys I think it makes perfect since all things concerned.

One more thing I would like to add to kanra’s instinct (sand explosion) deals more damage to the opponent, since kanra is always “under a sand”, and is more punishable on block, and Inflicts more damage to himself I feel instinct should at least buff the damage or increase the range of his explosion.

These are just my thought doesnt need to be all of these, but most of them will Suffice…

3 Likes

Yeah, i find myself trying to NOT use the sandsplosion when in instinct. Best case scenario you push your opponent away and take a little damage and potential damage. Worst case, you might catch someone in a (I dont even know what to call it) Niche scenario with your sandsplosion and they fall to the ground next to you, you deal a good amount of potential damage to yourself and he is easily able to punish you. it’s kinda funny at times cause your opponent just stands there waiting for you to pull yourself back together so he can easily cash out that potential damage with a simple manual.
You just get boned.

instinct snadsplosion he only explodes in place then re re-rises in the same place right?

1 Like

You play a good Sadira yourself, I agree with you as well.

Because you have access to resource-free curses which are designed to make his poor buttons and tools work. He’s not dhalsim or glacius, you can’t play a straight defense footsie battle.

EDIT: It’s very obvious by the way, he can super jump the hell away from a footsie battle. All you have to do is be situationally aware of your sand and ALWAYS try to have sand out

Honesty I don’t understand the countless nerfs to the sand explosion. I’m at a point where I don’t even use it becuz of the risk risk ■■■■■■ reward form his only reversal. You have characters on this game that can cancel there reversal into safe shadow. Also I want to note (KANRA IS THE ONLY CHARACTER IN THIS GAME THAT CAN NOT INSTINCT CANCEL OF OF HIS REVERSAL.) TRASH!!!

4 Likes

I have been playing him since his launch and hot ■■■■, i never noticed that.
Mf.

1 Like

left open to take on whatever damage comes your way after ur explosion; maybe they should increase the recovery time on the explosion?

The only thing that I would like to see personally as a change to instinct for Kan-Ra is that his sand explosion in instinct goes back to the hitbox and recovery that it was at the beginning of S2. Also the hit boxes on his standing and crouching HK get increased back to what the were also in S2 but only during instinct. That is what I would like personally as the dev team seem to not want to make big changes which I agree with because they are hard to balance. I am saying this as a software developer myself. Even the changes that I suggested have potential to introduce a ton of bugs but never the less they would be nice small improvements for Kan in my opinion slightly better defensive options in instinct only.

2 Likes

only if he doesnt have sand somewhere else