I'm Officially Picking Up Kan Ra

As the title says, i’m picking up this wonderful bag of sand and making him my side dude (Omen being the main homie). I decided to go with Kan Ra because of my like for his personality, he’s so narcissistic and cunning. He also is evil but nefarious, i like. HOWEVER, I also wanted to test myself as a player. In fighting games, I usually play up close mix up and grappler characters that pressure you and havy many options up close, but I wanted to try something the opposite for a change. I still think his keep-away/zoning/trapping is good enough to compete, you just have to try a little bit harder to get it. I think this characters MP, DOWN MP, and HP do great as mid screeen pokes and establish space for you to set ups swarm traps with your sand.

I’ll be uploading ideas and set ups based on what I see works and would be gracious if you Kan Ra regulars could help me out a bit :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Good luck! :wink:

Good! I hope you will become best Kan-Ra player! :smiley:

Kan-Ra did nothing wrong

3 Likes

BRUH, Share the tech you find please! I know your Kan is going to be just as crazy as your Omen, lol

1 Like

Muahahahaha

You know Kan-Ra is the reason my 3 mains exist?

Prepare yourself…

3 Likes

i dont like kan ra that much lol :frowning:

2 Likes

i will destroy everyone who tries to go kan ra against my gargos

1 Like

I got some tech. This includes Kan-Ra mirrors where your opponent can’t move lol.

2 Likes

Good Luck After the S3 changes Kan is very difficult than before but honestly if you use all of your tools for the right situations and find ways to gain the advantage you should be golden. Kan-Ra’s Gameplan has always been about mind games and crazy setups whether it be swarm placement, clutch command grab reads, sand spike setups or even scorpion tail traps Kan-Ra can be a difficult matchup for most characters.

I have dabbles a LOT with Kan RA in S2 and S3. Let me know if you ever want to spar.

1 Like

Kan-Ra is like Hisako. Totally trash and completely brain dead. Too many gimmicks. Play Gargos instead. No gimmicks and completely honest neutral. The trick is to get a trap. Then you go crazy. If you have a trap, you have no limits. From a command grab, you can recapture or set up an unblockable. From flip out, you can command grab, ant lion, or sting to send them away. I will work on a video soon.

1 Like

That doesn’t sound brain dead to me though; it sounds to me like it requires a good deal of setup and forethought.

1 Like

And Gargos has no gimmicks along with an honest neutral. No sarcasm there lol. Gargos Kan-Ra MU is pain for Ra.

3 Likes

I told myself this the other day.

Then I took him into the lab and read over his command list.

Then I exited and went to multiplayer mode lol

In all seriousness though id like to learn him myself but I just can’t see myself getting the hang of him for w.e reason, same with ARIA who I would love to learn too.

1 Like

There already is a nice setup thread. Feel free to add stuff

1 Like

I’m well aware. Thank you.