IG Please make stages: Rash, Mira, Gargos - DLC

Have you thought about adding nighttime and daytime versions of existing stages? Couldn’t that be a reasonable option going forward? Kinda similar to Shago and Jago’s stage…

3 Likes

I had at one point suggested something akin to Nintendo’s Wuhu Island…a single location/assett with several different areas that can be used for multiple stages…such as a huge castle. They could put a stage on the castle wall, one in front of the drawbridge, one in the courtyard, etc.

The day and night versions have been brought up since last year

there may yet be a nod to that in shadow lords???

Who knows

Am I the only one who noticed a new MP mode?

no just that people are already aware of it. it was in the s3 trailer and the shadow lords thread…

We’ve already been told about this, it has something to do with Shadow Lords apparently.

I could be wrong but I think its a team vs. mode

At the end of the day though, even if we had to fund 3x the money I’m sure we could do it and I’d pay 3x the amount to support it.

While I prefer Ultimates I am indifferent to the additon ofmore stages

so lets go ahead and make the community fund … … help us to make that community found.

I don’t understand why this season is $40 with only 3 new stages and no extra game.

2 Likes

this will be very unpopular but might as well suggest it. Why not a premium DLC pack.

I say premium in that it has all the crap that we all freak out about, but charged at a higher rate and some caveat that if MS gets X # of preorders within a 30 day period, it will happen, otherwise the # of stuff we get is lowered.

Example:

200000 preorders @ $20 USD = ultimates for all characters + stages for ‘homeless’ characters + 5 new premium accessories per character

but if MS only gets 100K preorders, then we just get ultimates

or something like that?

Completely understand. However does that mean that it couldn’t happen one day in the future ? I would literally pay any amount for the five remaining stages and I’m sure alot of others would pay a good amount as well. Could it just at least be something you guys consider doing in the future after season 3 ?

I know people are gonna flip when I say this lol . I really do . But I’d pay 50$ if I had to for a 5 stage pack of the remaining characters stages. That’s how important it is to me lol

The ONLY mode/thing that I’ve EVER seen in ANY fighting game that I feel was better than the sum of five character-focused stages with their own track was the story mode of Mortal Kombat 9.

I wouldn’t trade the story mode of Injustice for 5 stages and new lighting. I wouldn’t trade World Tour mode, edge master, any blazblue or guilty gear visual novel for 5 stages and new lighting.

Frankly, Shadow Lords better be the best story mode in the history of fighting games to make up for the lack of 5 stages with their own unique music and character insight. If you’re not confident Shadow Lords is the be-all end-all best thing to ever grace fighting games, you should have never pushed it over five whole stages.

Personally I can’t even think what Mira’s song is like, since I never hear it. I also care a lot less about her and Rash than everyone else since not only her song is not along with her when I fight her, but she also has no stage to give her personality (because frankly, the stage and music were what gave the characters their personalities).

I have zero hope Shadow Lords will deliver. The writing in the novella, character stories and seasons 1 and 2 is below the average game writing. Unless they have hired a whole new, actual professional, high-quality WRITER instead of what we have gotten so far, Shadow Lords will disappoint (let’s not even mention that it sounds like it’ll use the “evil version” template to pad out the fighting… And surely reuse stages over and over).

I def think a community fund would support a few more stages. At least ones for Gargos and Mira. Worth thinking aboot!

I definitely appreciate the explanation as well as the response in general. Always nice to know you guys are listening and that these decisions aren’t made lightly.

I think the trade off was a good one. I don’t know it for certain, but the relighting is great, Shadow Lords is intriguing and a new multiplayer mode is appreciated.

But I will say this, if the trade off is five stages for two brand new characters, then if we get a 4th season, I would happily take a six character season instead of eight if it meant those six characters getting their own backgrounds plus five more that were traded away for season three.

Now, I say that as someone that LOVES IGs character designs. They just keep getting better and better. But since we’re basically down to Eyedol as the last remaining classic character, I think that character eight this year plus a possible bonus character (if the past is anything to go on), plus five more (or six if Eyedol misses the cut), brand new characters in a theoretical season 4 sounds awesome.

While people might say “man how many backgrounds do you need?” My response would be “how quickly should we get the character count up to a point where there are so many that it’s virtually impossible to learn all of the match ups?”

Again, I love IGs character designs, I do. But after this season, there will be 26 characters. 27 if we get a bonus character. You do another eight or nine characters in season four, you’re up to 35-36. Another season after that and you’re well in to the 40’s.

I know I’m putting the cart before the horse on character numbers and seasons that haven’t even been announced. But with three amazing seasons, I’m just saying that I don’t need to run up the character count so high, so quickly, especially if it means slowing the character count could get us stages we really want or maybe some other cool stuff like some T rated ultimates, maybe giving the season one retros a polishing the way the stages got relit / polished up, new modes, more colors and accessories, etc.

Even then, I still think that a tiered community fund approach would be a great idea for a few stages. If a stage costs 300K, then float the idea. Say we’ll do one stage for 400K and two stages for 600K. One for Gargos and one for Mira.

If we get nowhere close to hitting those goals, then so be it. Maybe put a lower goal or two that people might like. At 100K, we get a new Shadow character, at 200K, we get the shadow character and touched up season one retros and accessories.

I think many of us appreciate that creating content for this game isn’t easy or cheap, so if we can help,I think many of us would like to.

we could at least have a sky stage, simpler and with less assets than regular stages. Or the background of Gargos hero art.

Oh totally. I def think that arena in the hero art would be cool and not too hard to throw together. Flat ground floating in space. I just really feel Gargos at the LEAST needs his own stage, being the big bad and all. Even if it’s something simple and not up to the level of the fully rendered stages.

1 Like

So show us.

It’s really hard to understand this logic when we don’t have anything to show for it. What we have now is an absence of content, content we have grown to expect, for vague promises of something down the line. Shadow Lords might be amazing, and this new multiplayer mode you keep hinting at might be great, but at the end of the day, people miss the fantastic work you put into making those stages.

How are we supposed to feel about these characters who don’t have environments? Arbiter is amazing because his arena works so well. Kim Wu has a fantastically realized sense of place. Tusk…has some snow, but at least he has something. But Mira is just sort of borrowing Saberwulf’s pad? Gargos is going to be rubbing shoulders with Shago and Omen, fighting for every last inch of personal space in Shadow Tiger’s Lair? That really sells these characters short. And eventually the next two are going to feel diminished as well because of it.

Every character reveal stream I get really excited for a moment during stage select, and then it hits me all over again that we don’t have a home for this new character. This isn’t SFIV, where every match is played on Training Stage. Each environment is a rich extension of their assigned character.

We don’t care how much it costs. We will fund this. And in a few months, after everyone has stopped playing Shadow Lords and the new multiplayer mode has fallen by the wayside, people will still be picking their new, favorite stages. Because they matter, and they shouldn’t have been kept from us.