If there is a new KI, how mechanically would you like it to change?

I’d like to see a mechanical change, where you could not break all the time. I believe breaking is a good and fun part of KI, but it is stupid that some people break everything first chance they get.

1 Like

Give everyone Ultimates.

• don’t think about it too much, i guess reward IG and give it to them (if they’re not tired of it).

• maybe same core game with air combos? scared of the thought of “whole new game”

• take little bit in loss of sales and keep it complex instead of over-aiming for the casual mass market crowd (no down-down for DP, combo assist button mashing, etc. lol)

• please no RPG elements Shadow Lords

There is a solution for that. It’s counter Counter Breaker. :smiley: :wink:

Ultimates should universally work like Shago’s

Honestly I would prefer to have any returning characters remain 95% or more identical to how they play now and then leave the burden of freshness in mechanics with new characters. I mean definitely change up visual flare like intros, outtros, taunts, idle animations, audio flare like banter & such for returning characters, but yeah, keep them familiar so we don’t have to unlearn what we already know and start over again from scratch.

I’d think they’d overhaul their instinct tho

Yeah, stuff like that was why I said 95% the same.

1 Like

A hard knockdown would make it so that the opponent is only able too get up at a set time. No quick wake up, no delayed wakeup. Just regular wakeup, it would make it even stronger.

There’s also the idea of being able to perform a roll on wakeup, but the downside being that you can’t perform any actions for a short frame period. It would basically be useless in the corner. Just spouting out ideas

Also, I hope they take my alternative instinct idea into consideration. Two instincts would really increase the diversity of the cast. It would be an awesome addition to the game.

1 Like

Get rid of flip outs.

Reward long combos much more. Bring back one chance break combos, I liked the risk/reward factor DH had with season 1.

Add Super moves that can double as Ultimates if they kill like in KI2.

1 Like

Excuse me but… What?

1 Like

ACTUALLY… it was because of one chance break combos that kept people from performing long combos in S1.

I should clarify, I don’t mean the dumb 4-5 hit opener/ender stuff (keep that out of course), but there were a lot of high execution 15+ hit one chance break (some were two chance I think) combos that got completely removed from the game because of all the nerfing. After that it started to devolve into shorter combos because of the ‘everything breakable’ philosophy.

The defense became more rewarding than the offense which was the opposite of what DH wanted.

Also I like the idea of a 5th ender ala KI2…perhaps after a Counter breaker is performed or something.

Also another thing I would like to be adressed. Put somehow stronger emphasis on normal attacks. I dont have enough expertise to rate the neutral game of KI (people say KI has no footsies but I recently picked up Mira and her normals allow for some nice normals game), but normals somehow lack the impact. Sword slashes are okay, but kicks and punches feel like slaps. Maybe improve hitting sound effects, or hitstun animations.

3 Likes

Just play Kilgore. He’s got one chance combos

An interesting idea would be how to bring back mini ultras or even mini ultimates.
Flashy ways to end your opponents first life bar. If they let you get that far, everyone deserves to be able to put in a special code, to get to see a flashy cinematic-inspired sequence of moves, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from the Enders with cool angles that were introduced last year.

It will strengthen the risk reward game and punish turtles/ block happy scared people. lol

Exhibit a- Mini ultimate is visually signaled by flashing color at opponents remaining 20% health.

Orchid depletes the opponent life-bar down to 20%
(input whatever code)
orchid texts lethal summon code on her wrist computer
Chaos ensues as helicopter fire rains from offscreen as seen in the ending win-animation on rebel outpost, except it encases the player in fire and they collapse.
Then round 2

reminder: these special sequences can ONLY be performed on opponents first life-bar even aria-

*Ultimates for the other characters
*No Merys (Ultimate Combo) like Shadow Jago
As i remember in 2015 i saw that all characters had NM1,NM2,NM3,NM4,NM5, and NM6 for every characters??? (KI1, KI2)
*More Stage Ultras
*Stage Ultimates???
*Team Battle (KI2)
*Death Finishers (When you have to finish your opponent by Ultras, ULTIMATES, Stage Ultras…)
*Story Mode Season 3 and if Season 4K
*Season 4K or Killer Instinct Rebirth (New Characters, New Modes, More Ultras, more ULTIMATES, more Stages, KI and KI2 Rooftop stages (Stage Ultras like KI and KI2).
*KI and KI2 old Special Moves
*Orchid KI2 as another Character B.Orchid for KI4K
*ULTIMATES when Release early last year Feb.2017 i notice that the “ULTIMATES” from Ultra to Press LP+LK so do that means more ULTIMATES to press MP+MK or HP+HK???

Whats coming new for 2018?
This is what i am asking for that will makes the game more Extra fun because still to this day i play KI and KI2 for the Ultras Stage Ultras and Ultimates:)

Here’s an idea…how about add in something from KI2 and have mini Ultras/Ultimates? It would be a flashy end that could give you some sort of enhancement for the next round. Like do a mini Ultra and it would drain your instinct guage to fill your shadow meter or vice versa, or perhaps gain some other benefit. Nothing too long and drawn out, just something to give a bit more theatrical flare to each character as well as have a mechanical purpose to pulling one off.

Wait, give everyone ranged autos and manuals? uhh…I disagree with that, but everything else is cool.