If Eyedol,Gargos make a comeback it would be big mistake

By that logic:
I don’t like Jar Jar at all but he is still part of Star Wars so he needs a spot in The Force Awakens = True Star Wars fans.

Supporting things you don’t like simply because they’re part of the franchise you like doesn’t make you a true fan, it makes you a mindless drone that accepts everything that is fed to them.

Look, you can dress up your opinion with all the embellishments you want, but you are not the “keeper of the flame” as far as defining what a KI fan is allowed to like or want. Give it a rest. The argument “you are not a true fan unless” is a signal that your argument is so weak that you have to resort to something completely undefinable. The idea that in order to be a fan you have to think something is perfect is ridiculous. I’ve been trying not to engage on this because it’s pointless (and because you get a free pass due to your epic beard), but enough is enough. Plenty of people - including apparently Ken Lobb - think Eyedol is not a great character. Personally, I think the idea of the quarter sucking boss character who cheats at the game should have died when home systems became the primary medium for fighting games. Eyedol’s design not withstanding.

So TL;DR He hates Eyedol, you like him. We get it. It’s fine. Leave him be.

I don’t expect Eyedol to show up, but I think he is more than welcome to return.

Yes he is. There was a big hint of it to.

2 Likes

Gargos is my personal big character i wanna see out of Season 3, my roommate is most excited for Kim, my dad is most excited for Tusk (can you blame either of them?) but Gargos is the one i wanna see most, especially if his face is inspired off of Shago/Omen’s instinct activation

Everyone is free to have an opinion. and I don’t believe bringing Gargos and Eyedol back would cause any loss of potential new characters like you suggested.

In a game where new things can arrive in the same way as the old there is plenty of room for this.

And if it’s one thin to consider: alot of what happened in KI1 and KI2 and how some of the characters function will all vary differently from what they were before.

We can expect some moves to be retained but there’s a good chance Gargos and Eyedol’s moves can function differently. You won’t ever know unless it actually happens. Everything else beyond that is mere assumption and opinion.

Only thing I think I can agree on the post is the idea of a medusa character. KI always can use more uniqe characters not just from a game play standpoint, but from a character type standpoint as well.

2 Likes

So far the turning to stone thing isn’t going to hit right away. It’s best to wait and see what happens.

1 Like

Who are you to decide if someone is a true KI fan or not. If they have different opinions,they aren’t a true KI fan? No it doesn’t. It simply means they have a different opinion. Me? I don’t care about eyedol. If he is in,fine. If he doesn’t make it out? Who cares. We still have another character in his place that is also awesome.

1 Like

It’s called redesigning
 and Gargos is coming back

1 Like

They are only missing Kim Wu, Tusk, Gargos and Eyedol in terms of old/classic characters so they might as well put them all in. I think Gargos and Eyedol could both be really awesome with a slight redesign lol

1 Like

I don’t expect Eyedol to be in season 3 but hopefully season 4. Either way Eyedol is welcomed to return.

2 Likes

Sorry, coming to the party late, but IMHO KI would feel lacking without Eyedol. & As much effort as they’ve made to include as many original characters as they have, why stop short 1 or 2 characters? Yes in the original game Eyedol was irritating & cheap, but that wouldn’t stop IG from redesigning him from the ground up if needs be. They’ve done an amazing job redesigning the original characters so far
I mean, look at Maya & her juggling daggers. I see no reason why the same couldn’t be done with Eyedol to make him playable, fun, & badass.

2 Likes

To be completely honest, there is nothing keeping Eyedol out but that IG doesn’t know what to do with him.

Having Aganos show make sit clear that Eyedol can make it in the game considering his size.
So maybe they could find ways. Now if he does make it I would like to keep in mind that some may not like what direction they would go with him.

1 Like