Idea: Permanent SL Buffs?

So, you probably know that once Eyedol’s questline is completed and he’s unlocked he has a buff against Omen and Gargos.

Well, I was thinking that what if he wasn’t the only one? What if you could unlock a permanent buff for other characters for Shadow Lords?

Here’s an example. Earlier I fought against a Jago shadow with the Feral buff. For those of you who don’t know, Feral opponents are in instinct mode all the time. On Jago? Yeah, that was a fun fight…

But then I thought, okay so permanent instinct won’t work for everyone, but you know who would benefit from that? Sabrewulf and Riptor, the savagery would even fit their characters.
Maybe there could be some sort of questline to awaken their inner powers?

And I’m sure there are other buffs already in SL that other characters could benefit from, for example maybe Maya could be always Prepared or Mira could unlock permanent Vampirism.

And then maybe you could use these awoken characters in SL multiplayer…

Anyway, just a thought. I don’t have all SL buffs to hand but why should the AI and Eyedol have all the fun?

2 Likes

Well Mira, Kim, and tusk also have one as well but yeah I think every character should have one.

1 Like

Haven’t actually played as them in SL to notice. :stuck_out_tongue:

As it is once you have Eyedol there’s now a case for bringing him every time. Like, you’d be handicapping yourself by not.

I know there’s now Knight/Champion of Gargos buffs so maybe Omen and Shago could get those?

I love the idea of Riptor and Saberwulf having permanent feral instinct. Yes power up my two best players, and the perma-instinct makes perfect sense. I saw that someone else on the thread already mentioned that Kim, tusk, and Mira have a permanent buff. But to be able to use you permeant buff in SLMP would spare me the need to use valuable consumables that I can’t seem to get back now like my epic battle stem mk 3 the that generates shadow meter for the whole match. Now it doesn’t show up in the emporium very often, and I used to have a bunch of em.

Something else if like to see happen. When playing SL and you play a mission using your shadow character with no consumable and no guardian, why can’t I save shadow data? When you replicate the conditions in which shadow data is a thing, you can’t record shadow data because it happens to be in SL. I think the same should apply to SLMP, no consumable and no guardian, on your shadow character in SLMP should have shadow data. Maybe make it part of the search criteria “play for shadow data”

I wish Kim’s ability was actually useful :unamused:

What are Kim, Tusk and Mira’s permabuffs anyway?

Mira has permanent vampirism
Kim and tusk never die, upon defeat they go back to the war room gravely injured

Kim’s gets 20% extra damage on dragon spirits (I assume that means dragon cannons, which she never uses on AI).

Tusk can’t die; if he gets defeated, he stays alive with low health.

Mira drains instinct with her bats.

That’s it, thanks for the correction. I was totally spacing on Kim’s buff

No tusk has the immortality Kim has a counter buff if I’m not mistaken or it’s a dragon thing.

I think it was a dragon thing

I would like to take it a step further and have some permanent buffs OR debuffs to spice things up and vary each playthrough. Like based on choices you make via the flavor text or which missions you choose, etc.

That would definitely add some variability to each playthrough and some weight to your decisions. And heck, if one of my characters got debuffed enough I might even entertain the idea of recruiting some of the characters who ask to join me (I almost never do).

Doesn’t even really have to be permanent. Even something lasted say, 5 or 10 turns would keep things interesting. If my best character got a really bad 5 turn debuff I might be forced to change my mission selections a little, or use items I normally wouldn’t. Or if one of my worst characters got a crazy good 5 turn buff I might have him take on missions I normally wouldn’t. And so on and so on. Just adds some spice.

2 Likes

Yeah, all the characters should have some sort of passive ability that corresponds with their character.

S1:

• Jago - Auto-heal at the end of every day.
  • Sabrewulf - Start every match with 50% instinct.
  • Glacius - Hail and shatter attacks add “slow” to opponent due to them being “cold” attacks.
  • Thunder - Lightning summon (don’t know the actual name of the move) lasts longer and gives you two dashes.
  • Sadira - Poison effect to her enders.
  • Orchid - Firecats add burnout effect
  • Spinal - Drains instinct and/or Shadow meter with skulls.
  • Fulgore - Slight buff to offense and Defense buff.

S2:

• TJ Combo - Punch attacks do more damage.
  • Maya - Dagger pips can be gained on hit as well as block.
  • Kan-ra - Sand attacks do more potential damage
  • Riptor - Bite and claw attacks have a bleed effect
  • Omen - Start every match with full Shadow meter.
  • Aganos - Big defense buff
  • Hisako - Taunt “terrifies” opponent (they loose instinct and Shadow meter)
  • Cinder - does slight proximity damage to opponent
  • ARIA - Can regen potential damage like normal character, Start every match with full instinct.

These are just off the top of my head.

1 Like

I hate hisako but giving her an ability in shadow lords only accessible by taunting is a bit cruel lol.

Plus it would use your consumable.
Awoken Hisako would probably benefit most from infinite wrath.
There’s a DoT power, I think it’s Fury? I’m thinking Cinder for that one.