I want the Ultimate Source Color 10s in a purchasable bundle

Me too. Sign me in. :point_up:

1 Like

I’m sorry, I’m afraid I’m saying no. I live in Europe and have purchased the entire wave 1 for them. If you want them, your gonna have to buy the figures

Exclusivity means nothing to me - I don’t have any of the figures or the color 10s. But I hate to see the rules change on people. So telling people they have to buy a figure to get an exclusive color and then making the color available rubs me the wrong way. I can only imagine how people might feel who bought one.

I think the best thing to do is for them to simply make MORE skins and colors. If we weren’t so desperate for more then people wouldn’t be so hung up on the color 10s.

What about i bought killer instinct season 2, i gave my money and now it is free. Things like that happen after sometime as an offer.

If they reduce the price of the figures and their exclusive content (which they have) then I think that’s fair game. But you’re asking for something different. This is more like asking for the KI 1&2 arcade games, which were bundled in the Ultra Editions of the game, to be sold separately. They haven’t done that yet.

They don’t ask me before they do this stuff, so you don’t need to chase me down to argue. But “get an exclusive color 10” is printed right on the side of the Ultimate source box. Seems like it would be a tough pill to swallow if they just dumped that exclusivity.

As someone who has the exclusive colours, if they were made available to all now it would feel like a bit of a kick in the teeth.

That being said, if they were to be made available after some time has passed then I wouldn’t be entirely against that.

It would need to be a long time though, I like to feel special. Maybe they could be unlocks instead? Look at Gargos’ gold and platinum skins. Included with the DE and now unlockable, albeit with a ludicrous requirement.
That might perturb people who got the colours with the DE, but at least now they don’t have to play Shadow Lords long after it might stop being fun.

(Doesn’t bother me, I got a code off eBay for 99 pence lmao.)

I don’t chase you, but you always giving them excuses.

A fair game is when

1. Every customer gets the same product at the same price.
  2. Every customer can have access to every aspect of a product he buys without buying a different product.

After all it is not such a big thing. They could make an exclusive weekly offer, like the gold or terror packs.

And at the end figures are terrible. That is why they put them on a bundle.

1 is never true for anything. Even customers buying the exact same thing at the exact same time from the exact same supplier will often pay different prices, for all kinds of reasons. And for games you have to factor in the time dimension. Surely you wouldn’t suggest that any and all discounts on game sales are “unfair” would you? And 2 is essentially something made up by video game players who crave exclusives from bundles but don’t want to buy them. The idea that “every aspect of the game” has to be available to you is just… nonsense. This compulsion had been around forever - just ask every kid who hates cereal or Cracker Jack but wants the secret decoder ring. They don’t sell those toys separately for a reason.

1 Like

1.What do you mean it is never true. Then why the companies announce a price for their products. Time dimension is the same for everyone if you are buying from a company. I don’t say that sales are unfair, i say that it is unfair not happening for everyone.
2. No man, you are talking nonsense. It is like you buy a car but in order to have its doors you have to buy the exclusive ice pack from antarctica which is bundled with your car’s doors.and if you don’t live in antarctica you also have to pay the shipping.
So i am not asking for the extra parts(bases,weapons) that are inside the figurine box to be separated. I want somenthing that it is different to the figurines. The extra parts of the game i have happily spend more than 600 € for and are so ugly bundled with something almost irrelevant.

Sigh… don’t make me go into this but it’s actually illegal for a manufacturer to set prices since it runs afoul of “price fixing” regulations. That’s why we have a manufacturers suggested retail price (MSRP). Think of buying a car for the rest of it. If you want to limit it to video games, just think of all the different gamers clubs that GameStop Best Buy and Amazon run. If you are in these clubs you pay a different price than if you aren’t. Even EA access or games with gold provide special pricing for members to buy digitally. So no, there’s never any time where everyone is paying the same fair price for the same product - even when purchasing from the same supplier. Sorry.

As far as the rest I don’t know what else to say. There’s a core group of color begging posters with the attitude that every newly released aesthetic is part of the game and therefore should either be given to them outright or made available at a "reasonable " price. Color 10 is not car doors. It’s a bumper sticker saying “I got the Ultimate Source figure for this character!” You’re asking for the bumper sticker without buying the figure.

2 Likes

Man what are you talking about? Wasn’t the launch price of xbox one 400$? Wasn’t that for everyone? Wasn’t at the same time?
You pay money to be in a club to get a better price, which has to do with the club/shop and not the manufacturer.

And keep your police attitute away. Learn to speak. I am not begging anyone, i say what i want for the game. Color 10s are DIGITAL so not part of the figurine game. Guess what game you have to own for the color 10s to be usefull. And that bumper sticker is your own translation. It is only an extra thing to make you buy the figurines. And it is one year old.

I had to quote this for irony.

I bought my Xbox for $500, which was the launch MSRP, but see above in regards to price fixing. The price is not determined by the manufacturer. If you think it was, get in touch with the department of justice. Major retailers tend to launch consoles at the MSRP although if they become scarce you will notice that the price rises at mom and pop stores and on eBay. I suspect they are incentivized through overstock buy back agreements and favorable purchasing agreements, but you would have to ask them. And you might also recall that many of the major retailers discounted Xbox One before MS adjusted the MSRP downward. But don’t worry about any examples that don’t support the economic theory you just made up for this thread because you want color 10s.

I’m done with providing you a short course on retail economics. If you want to educate yourself on these things and then have a conversation about it I would be happy to take it up again. But if you’re just going to say “nuh uh,” and cite misguided anecdotes as evidence then you can have at.

Just for clarity though, “giving me the ■■■■ I want at a price I like, so it’s fair,” is not a principle of economics, law, or even ethics. It’s just you asking for stuff.

The good news is, the year old color 10 that you want is available to you. All you have to do is buy an ultimate source figure. If you want to buy one and have them ship it to me in the US I will happily send you the code…

2 Likes

Don’t take this the wrong way, BBA, but… I love you.

1 Like

https://www.google.gr/search?client=tablet-android-samsung&ei=lhiiWMS9GoblUqPkvZgM&q=xbox+one+first+price&oq=xbox+one+first+price&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..41l2j0i22i30k1.1512.3057.0.3865.9.9.0.0.0.0.236.1696.0j7j2.9.0.foo%2Ccfro%3D1%2Cnso-enfk%3D1%2Cnso-usnt%3D1%2Cnso-qnt-npqp%3D0-217%2Cnso-qnt-npdq%3D0-583%2Cnso-qnt-npt%3D0-154%2Cnso-qnt-ndc%3D430%2Ccspa-dspm-nm-mnp%3D0-077%2Ccspa-dspm-nm-mxp%3D0-1925%2Cnso-unt-npqp%3D0-219%2Cnso-unt-npdq%3D0-514%2Cnso-unt-npt%3D0-201%2Cnso-unt-ndc%3D403%2Ccspa-uipm-nm-mnp%3D0-025%2Ccspa-uipm-nm-mxp%3D0-175...0...1.1.64.mobile-gws-serp..3.6.1123...33i13i21k1j33i160k1.ykQFh7t0HE8

ok professor,Isn’t that price for everyone, at the same moment? Who cares who makes that price, professor. The truth is that there is a price for all. …So much audience talking. If a shop desides to make a better price it does by itself. But when you buy from the manufacturer the price is the same. This also happens when you buy digital product,because there is no shop between.

I never said give me what i want at the price that i want. I said because there is digital product in there, that it is part of the game i play, make a good will offer. As it happens all the time, with all the digital stuff. Stop talking to yourself professor of economics.

If you want the figurines, i can buy those for you. It will be cheaper for you. I don’t know if the exclusivity guys have problem with that or it is against the rules of economy.

That’s still not true. If you click this link and buy as a consumer you will pay the price in the link. But if you’re Wal Mart and you want to buy 100,000 to put on your store shelves, you don’t use this link.

Listen, bud, you’re the one trying to invent an economic/moral principle to justify the fact that you don’t want to pay shipping to get the Ultimate Source figures, but you do want the color 10 that comes with them. Stop trying to make it more than it is. I don’t blame you. I live in the US and I haven’t bought any figures. As a result, I don’t have the color 10s. Would I like the color 10s? Of course. I’m the kind of sucker who has both gold skin packs and the terror skin pack. But I’m not whining about it. And there’s no moral/ethical/social imperative that they sell you the color 10s separately. There just isn’t.

You want them to sell you the color 10s because you don’t want to buy the figures. That’s it. That’s the whole story. The rest is just noise.

Edit: I didn’t see the last part. I have no interest in the figures, but I’m sure there is no rule against getting the figure and then giving away the code. Lots of people have been doing that on streams and on Twitter. I’m sure there’s someone who really wants the figures and doesn’t care about the codes, but if you are really interested in this option, send me a DM and I will work out a method for this. Maybe someone like @WrathOfFulgore would be able to use the figures without the color codes as prizes for tournament…

i don’t want them because i don’t like the figures. i want them because i like the colors and i don’t want when i am choosing colors to jump from color 9 to color 11. it is like a collection.

i don’t want to force them to do something, because of any reason. i say that because there are some delivery problems to share the figurines all over the world. and because there is digital stuff in the bundle. and because there are people who only want the digital (not because the dislike figurines). if they good will can make an offer. lets say at the price of 2 figurines only for the colors.

the thing is to be a pack for all who only want the colors. not only for me. and i don’t know for how long this game will be there, for an offer like that to happen.

man we talk too much

I considered that idea briefly, but as others have pointed out the shipping costs would be a pain considering that we have players from all over the world in the WTF tournament. That’s why I settled on Microsoft gift cards. I can simply send them the code in a message.

I know it’s not the figure, but as far as color 10 codes I know @PVXenoraptor got some color 10 codes for prizes for a couple of the Random Character Tournaments (he is the TO for those tournaments, right?), but I haven’t looked into that for my tournament yet.

Yes, he is the TO for that tournament.

For the record, I was thinking about what I would do if I ended up with a bunch of US figures because someone asked me to receive them and then just forward the color codes. I wouldn’t mind shipping them if I could find a slow boat to China version of shipping … but since this hasn’t happened yet it’s more than a bit hypothetical.

I agree and I don’t with OP. I would like those colors definitely. I am torn for example with that Spinal statue as he is a long time favorite of mine and the statue is damn cool HOWEVER I do have too many collectibles and other stuff taking up shelf space already so I really shouldn’t get it, lol. Not much interest in the other figures just for the same reason. Wouldn’t mind access to the in-game content I’m missing though. $10 to $20 a pop ia a bit much just to get skins and then have a bunch of cool figures that I really really should not have bought because I don’t need anything else no matter how cool collecting dust on my shelf and annoying my wife, lol.