I tried

Hey at least you tried and that’s what counts. :thumbsup:

4 Likes

In my country there is not FGC at all. Evolution stopped at CS: GO and mobas.

Thanks a lot, I love this community. I know I complain about the game from time to time (just my struggle with match ups and some stuff XD ) but I love KI, I wouldn’t play it if I didn’t. I admit that this community means quite much. I didn’t expect to find such a nice gaming community regarding to a game (specially one that meant a lot to me in 1994). I was active in the Gears of War forums, but this is the forum I keep on coming and where I looked for a good reading most of the time.

I really wanted to share my passion with my national scene, but it looks like it wasn’t enough. Of course I’ll be there to help anyone who really wants to get into this game and I’m also here to keep on learning or sharing what I’ve already learned.

Oh, by local scene I meant national (the whole country) sorry about that XD.

I wish I also had a better internet to play more people around the world or take part in online toruneys. But dealing with the frustration of getting disconnected is discouraging. That’s the main reason I don’t participate in most online tourneys here either. And lately my ISP is having problems in the zone and they told me they will keep on having them for months, which is pretty serious because the download speed drops drastically and I can’t work either (expensive as it is if I call them to complain they would just let me go). They won’t charge less and the worst part is there’s no other ISP in this city as good as the one I have. So… -___-
It’s “ok internet” , but not Japan style internet at all (you can imagine =P )

On April 15th I will have the only local offline tourney, which I’m really looking forward. I’ll be there trying to give my best =D Also I would provide any info about the game and help the guys hoping the KI tourney runs smooth.

Is the only one we have, so I’ll try to enjoy it as much as I can and not let anxiety/salt gets me (you know, I can be a little competitive from time to time, haha).

Cheers people, :heart: you all

11 Likes

I have hope that the scorpio might change a lot.

1 Like

I feel sorry for you but glad you’ve decided to stay. Best of luck moving forward witht he game.

Don’t know if this helps or not … but this has been a great year for the offline scene in the Austin/Central TX area. We have weekly casuals and are just starting (as in this Friday) a biweekly ranbats series.

So here goes - Rep yo city! aka The how to grow your local KI scene thread!

1 Like

Theres no scene here in the entire country , im literally the only player

5 Likes

I know a couple guys in Yavapai County who play KI. If you can I’d head to Tempe this Saturday at 1:30pm. We’re starting our RanBats then. Only $5 entry. If you want to know more visit the Killer Instinct AZ Group on Facebook. A couple guys on there are in Prescott/Valley.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Beware though. One of our guys down here is laying waste. Beware SVM. Any character he touches will give you a hard time. :stuck_out_tongue:

That sucks, and I know the feeling. I live out in the middle of nowhere myself, and there is hardly anyone out here that plays video games, let alone KI. I’ve tried to get my brother to even try it, but even thoigh we both played the crap out the SNES game last time I said anything about this KI his response was “Killer Instinct was always your thing.” and left it at that. Well there is also his wife who is always " OMG would you look at all the blood. Clearly it doesn’t need to be played in front of my children." :unamused:
Yeah, I’m sure you can tell I’m still extremely steamed over that one. (BTW, blood toggle please devs?)

Anyway…I’m sorry you haven’t been able to muster up any support in your area, but hey, at least you still have us. :smile::+1:

1 Like

I’m starting to see a trend.

Nah, this is another thing. Just fed up with an abandoned community that call itself “KI from X country” and just focus on SF and nothing else. This is not a small country, but even so the scene is practically non-existent. To level up I must look for people form other places or I got no one to play.

I understand your situation : /

1 Like

I seriously doubt you’re the only player. You might be the only player you know about.

Ireland is pretty small dude , and the fgc scene is even smaller , trust me I’m the only player

Whereas I’m not the only player in the UK, I can’t say many good things about the locals.

Im lucky to be in NYC, there are many freaks meeting up.
Microsoft even sponsors KI meetings at the Microsoft store
every once in a while.

1 Like

Uk has a pretty good fgc scene , ireland not so much

It’s active, but the personalities…